The Hub (36)

Yoo guys OvO probably, I'm going to put some chapters together (like all the chapters from Pilot in one chapter or something) because otherwise, it's getting a bit reaaaaaly big. But here's the next chapter, and I hope you all like it :) And Oh yeah, the picture next to the story will speak for its self

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 This was going to suck. Or fail. Whatever.
In silence, Sanchez cursed her brother and every living being in the universe, for it not having of her powers right now. Bitch Vic - her new nickname for Victoria Hand - had send the traitor and Fitz on a level eight operation. There wouldn't be a extraction team, and she was the only one who knew; Except bitch Vic ofcourse. She had planned the entire operation.
"You need to disable the overkill device by 06.00 AM tomorrow, in order to prevend the seperatists attack."
May and Coulson were briefing Ward about the mission, while Sanchez was only listening.
"Once you signal SHIELD, the extraction team will get you both out," Coulson said.
A soft  voice was singing in Sanchez her head.
"There isn't going to be one."
"
Take care of him."
"Of course, sir," Ward replied.
"Come'on, more moving, less talking. Agent Ward?"
Fitz and Simmons came into the briefing room, with Fitz all suit up for the operation, dressed in black, with a black backpack.
"Time is not on our side."
He went to the other side of the room, and gave a last smile to Simmons. She smiled back, but Sanchez didn't need her powers to know that it was to cover her feelings.
Ward and Fitz left the room, just like May, Sanchez, and Simmons, who didn't knew how fast to get away.
"Does this feel okay to you?" Skye asked to Coulson. "Shouldn't we be going with them?"
"The people who put these ops together, are the best of the best. They know what they're doing."
Coulson left the room, as a sign that their conversation was over. Skye sighed.
"You're not trusting it?"
Sanchez leaned against the windows of the room.
"Of course I'm not trusting it," Skye replied. "This doesn't feel okay."
"Whatever you want," Sanchez said. "If you're looking for me, I'm in the gym."
She left the room, leaving Skye behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, no no no no. Please, be careful."
The "the hub" assistant people were a bit... Clumsy. One of the night night pistols almost fell of the table.
"Can you all imagine what Fitz would do if the night-night gun was broken when he came back? Surely, he will be okay out there... Right?"
"Well... Agent May is level seven. Maybe she can give us an update on their mission."
May gave a response by only looking at her.
"Does that mean that you do know something and you can't tell us, or that you don't know anything? Which non-expression is this?" Skye asked.
"We know what we're supposed to," May answered. "When we have more information, we react."
Skye made a face.
"All right, clear out! I need to run some diagnostics in reboot."
Everyone left the lab, except Skye and Simmons.
"That means you two, off!" May said.
"You guys might be okay with being in the dark, but I am not into it. I need answers!" Skye told Simmons while packing their stuff to leave the lab. "And I just know the person who has them."
"Who?" Simmons asked.
"Coulson," Skye responded. "I was obviously talking about Coulson."

                                                               *

 "It must be nice to be off that plane. I understand you're almost through your recovery."
"The plane has nothing to do with my recovery," Coulson replied. He and agent Hand were looking at the status from the operation, out of the briefing room.
"I only know what I've read," she responded. "Seems Fury has a soft spot for his favorites. Not everyone gets sent to Tahiti."
"It's a magical... Place." Coulson answered immediately.
"All I meant was... It must feel good to be back in the big leads," she said.
"Two of my agents are the key to this operation. I never left the bigs."
"Let's hope that they're as good as you think they are," Hand responded. She went to the other side of the room, asking something to a co-worker. Coulson left the room, but a few seconds after him leaving, the doors of the room went open again.
"If that isn't my dear friend Victoria. Long time no see."
A young woman in her early twenties had entered the briefing room. Victoria had never seen her in her entire life, she was sure of that. But from her way of speaking, she knew exactly who it was.
"She."
"What are you doing here?" She hissed to her. The black haired woman only gave her a grin.
"I am everywhere. You should know that, by now. Specially since our last mission together in South-Africa. Do you remember, Vicky?"
There was nothing to read from Hand her face, but inside... She was boiling from madness.
"What. Do. You. Want?"
She got as response a giggle, what sounded a bit like the bleating of a goat, and the sound of a punch in someones face.
"You know damn well why I'm here. If I could, I would avoid you like the plague, but something... Let's say, something that has the attention from both of us, has crossed our path."
"Coulson and his little team," Hand replied. "Has Fury hit you with his gun or something?"
"Still so funny," black hair replied. "Being funny, and being a massive liar. Didn't know you had it in you."
"Coulson can be back any minute. Come to business."
"You told Coulson and his little team in that briefing of yours that there would be a extraction team, but we both know that you've been a naughty liar, Victoria," black hair said.
"There isn't one."
"So? Barton and Romanoff-"
"This isn't about hawkeye and the black widow!" Black hair hissed angrily to Hand. Hand could see that something was glowing inside of black hair her eyes.
She was becoming mad.
"You've sended a... a... a person like Grand Ward into the field, together with a kid with no field experience."
"What's your point?" Hand asked. "He has to learn it sometime. No one else can teach him this better than agent Ward."
"I'm asking this one time, and just one time, bitch head," black hair growled.
"Fill me in for their extraction team."
"Over my dead body."
Black hair nodded.
"Fine. In that case... Untill the future, agent Hand."
She turned around, and left the room through the doors, disappearing in the crowd of the hub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey. Great to see you here."
"Skye, I told you I would look into the file of your parents."
"Yeah, I know, but that's not why I'm here," she replied to Coulson.
"I want to know more about Ward and Fitz their mission. Simmons is starting seriously to unravel without Fitz."
"I know it's hard to hear, but you don't have the clearance," Coulson answered.
Skye had came to him in the middle of the corridors of the Hub, where they were in the middle of the crowd.
"But I have eyes, I-"
"Trust the system," Coulson said.
He left her alone in the middle of the hallway, but within a few seconds, Simmons was with her.
"How did it go?" Simmons asked.
"Nothing. He's acting like a robot version of himself right now. If we want the truth, we need to get it our selves."
"But May-"
"You know May, she isn't going to give us any intel. Who else would be able to give us information, if we don't want to make our hands dirty?"
"But-"
"Wait!" Skye said quickly. "Is Sanchez not renowned in SHIELD for her breaking the rules reputation?"
"Yes, but-"
"Well, come on then!" Skye smiled. She grabbed Simmons by her arm, and pulled her in the direction of the sports department.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... The two of you want to get information about the mission of the boys, hm? But you can't do it in a legal way, so that's why you're coming to me."
Sanchez was busy punching against a punching back. It seemed like she wanted to break the thing in two seperated parts.
"We have not even said something," Simmons said.
"I know."
Sanchez took her gloves off.
"I know that my lack of the rules is even famous to the SHIELD academies, most of the time as a 'how you shouldn't do it' example. But even if I knew information about this classified operation, I wouldn't  give you a damn thing about it, to neither of you. And don't even start about this 'trust the system' crap, because I hate the system."
"You're saying that you hate all these system crap, but why don't you want to help us?" Skye asked.
"That's an easy story," Sanchez replied, while walking to a threadmill.
"Have you ever wondered why I've been dropped in your flying plane team, while no one was briefed about my presence?"
They didn't gave a response.
"Because Fury dropped me there. He thought it was necessary for me to learn how I could behave in a proper way, while working in a team. According to him, Coulson could teach me this, and if I mess up, I'll end like a moose head on Fury's wall. Have I made myself clear?"
"Fine, we will do this our selves then," Skye muttered. They turned around, but something called them back.
"That doesn't mean that I can't tell you the story about that time that a certain agent wanted to keep some classified intel from me. It's a interesting story. I hacked myself a way in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are not being serious, aren't you, Skye?"
They were walking through the halls of the hub, and they had decided to hack their selves a way in.
But there was more.
"No! I can't be a part of your bad-girl shenanigans. I like following the rules and doing what's expected of me. It makes me feel nice."
Skye sighed.
"Simmons, wake up! Ward and Fitz went on a top secret two man mission. And look, there are more men here now. Or it's a better look, or something went wrong out there. And maybe there is nothing we can do to help, but if there is... What if they're injured, or tortured somewhere? Now..."
"Fitz... Tortured..." Simmons mumbled.
"What exactly do you need me to do again?"

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quiet on the bus. Most of the people - except Fitz and Ward ofcourse - were somewhere in the hub at work. The only one on the bus was May, doing her tai-chi exercises.
The silence staid, until Coulson sat down next to her on a bar stool. He sighed.
"Sorry. Am I... Disturbing you?"
She gave no response. Ofcourse.
"You know, I like this plane. I like the way we do things here. Everyone is on the same page, no red tape, so far, it's working for us. Most of us. And... Maybe I'm getting soft, but I don't like keeping things from our team. If you knew..."
She looked at him, but still said nothing.
"No. You're right. Level eight. But..."
She looked at him, again.
"I know. Trust the system. May, thanks."
He stood up, and walked away.
"Well, as far as I can see, you're tai-chi is doing good."
Sanchez came in.
"Don't worry, even without powers I haven't told them anything. I'm still having a bit of pride. And we're both going to help them anyway. You know."
She went to her bunk. May rolled her eyes.