Repairs (45)

"Hannah?"
Skye knocked on the door of the interrogation room.
"Who's there?"
"My name is Skye. We haven't met yet."
She sat down in front of the door.
"We crashed, didn't we? Are you all hurt? I'm so sorry-"
"No, no. We're all okay. Whatever is happening, it's not your falt. We know."
"The specialist lady told me. She told me that-"
"The room is salted? Yeah. I know. That was agent Sanchez. She has dealed with things like this before. She knows what she's doing."
"Demons..."
"I don't know what it is exactly," Skye said. At the other side of the door, Hannah sat down too.
"Do you believe in god?" She asked.
"Honestly? Not really," Skye replied.
"Well, I do. And I know that he's punishing me, and I deserve it."
"No. No, you don't. No one does. I had a few nuns around me growing up, and they would talk like that, scaring kids with stories of god's wrath. It made me not want to believe. The only words that stuck with me were something that sister McKenna said from the Bible, I think. She said, "god is love. " It's simple and it's a little sappy, but that's the version I like. God is love the thing that holds us together. And if that's true, I don't think he would punish you for making a mistake. I think he'd forgive a mistake."
While Skye was telling her side of the story to Hannah, there was something she did not notice.
May was standing on the other side of the corner. She could hear everything.
"I want to believe that," Hanna responded. "I do."
"I'll stand guard now," May said, coming across the corner.
"Coulson needs help with the emergency tranceiver."
"I'd rather stay here, for a while-"
"It needs to get done, not discussed. That's an order," May said.
"I'll be near by if you need me, okay?" Skye asked to Hannah. Nothing of a response followed.
"Don't try to hurt her. Not anymore then you already did, would you, agent May?" Skye asked while standing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It seems like a hard wear shield. I should be with Hannah, anyway. No wonder she keeps screaming in there. You keep sending in the Cavalry, you're bound to get a reaction like that.  ."
"Don't call her that," Coulson said.
"Really. You shouldn't," Sanchez added.
"Why not?" Skye asked. "No normal person can shoot a hundred Bahrain."
"That's not how it went down," Coulson said again.
"Whatever, twenty. I just I don't understand-"
"She didn't have a gun. None of us did."
Skye looked up. Sanchez rolled her eyes.
"And it wasn't a rescue or an assault, whatever they say at the academy these days. We were the welcome wagon. And it went South."
"How many...?" Skye asked.
"Plenty. A civilian girl and a few of our guys were stuck inside a building, being held by the followers of this gifted individual or worshippers. We never found out."
"May did," Sanchez said.
"She took it upon herself to get them out. Said she could fix the problem. So she went in, crossed off the enemy force. Didn't say how."
"Did she lose anyone in there?" Skye asked.
"Herself."
"May used to be diffrent," Sanchez told her. "She was always... Quiet, but she just... Believe it or not, she was a warm person," Sanchez said.
"She was fearless in a diffrent way," Coulson said. "Getting in trouble... Pulling pranks. Thought that rules were there to be broken. Sounds familiar?"
Sanchez folded her hands behind her head.
"I'm carrying on with the traditon," she grinned.
"But when she went down in that building... It was like that part of her was gone," Coulson told them.
"I tried to... Comfort her. But she wouldn't tell me what went down in there."
"What did you say?" Skye asked.
"I said the words I thought she needed to hear."
"So that's why you wanted her on the plane. To see if that person is still in there-"
With a bang, the door went shut. Locked.
"He's coming!" Sanchez shouted.
The light went out in the office. And it wasn't just the three of them anymore.
Ford had a wrench, and kept it to Skye her troat. A bit harder, and she would choke.
"Let me in, or let her out," he growled.
"That's not of your business," Sanchez hissed.
"Exi spiritus obscurus, et non videbunt."
Ford shouted something agrily, and disappeared.
"What did you just do?" Skye asked.
"A disappearing spell. He won't be gone for long."
"Wait- You used a spell?"
"I used a goddamn spell because EVERYONE who can read latin exorcism spells can do that!" She yelled.
"Ladies-"
"SHUT UP!" Both Skye and Sanchez shouted at the same time.
"You are NEVER going to tell me that supernatural specialist do stuff like this," Skye yelled at Sanchez. "Slashing heads from people their bodies like you did?! That can't be freaking normal-"
"That isn't normal because THE FREAKING WORLD WERE WE'RE IN LIVING ISN'T BLOODY NORMAL!"  Sanchez screamed.
"Nyla-"
"Coulson, I respect you with all I have, but this girl has to learn her lesson," she growled. "This girl doesn't want to see that the world has changed. We are aware of diffrent forms of life in this universe, we are visited by bloody asguarians and dark elves, for god's sake!"
"Yeah, but that doesn't mean-"
"IT. DOES," Sanchez yelled back again. "If you had seen what I've seen in my entire life, you would knew it did! With the attack on New York, we have showed the other raulms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war. So if we want to survive, we might have to do things who aren't really common. And why has... This stupid... Idiot of a spirit... Locked the door!" She shouted, while kicking against the door.
While Coulson tried to calm Sanchez down - Skye didn't know exactly at who she was angry the most. The door of the spirit? - , and became silent, with eyes full of... Was it compassion? She did not know the right word for it exactly.
She had heard from Fitzsimmons that Sanchez had been there. The battle of New York. On the heli carrier, and in the centre of the town. She had seen how Coulson had died, to motivate the avengers.
Her brain was working like a mad man. Everyone on the team - except Fitzsimmons, and herself of course- had done a dozen of missions and highly ranked operations. If she compared that to Sanchez her experiences of the battle of New York... She had seen more in her life, then Skye ever would, possibly.
Would that be... Would that be why Sanchez always acted... Rough and brutal?
"We have to find a way out of here," Coulson sighed. Sanchez was still kicking at the lock of the door.
A bang.
The door was open.
"Well, never knew my legs were that strong," she grinned. She left the office as soon as possible.
"Coulson-?"
Skye knew that this wasn't the right moment, but she had to ask him. He turned his head to her, in the middle of the entrance.
"I know this isn't the right moment, but... What has Sanchez seen, in her work as a specialist?"
Coulson's face showed nothing. It took a while, before he gave her a response.
"More then the most of us will ever see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't mean to scare you,  I just need to use you as bait."
"Well, look at that. How surprising."
Out of the shadows of the barn, Sanchez stepped forward.
"She needed to be out of the plane. Away-"
"Of the others. I know," Sanchez replied. "It's okay."
"What are you going to do?" Hannah asked, tears in her eyes.
The girl was scared. Gosh, Sanchez could feel it. The fear was aching in the girl her bones.
"I've drawn a pentagram on the ground, to trap him in. The only thing you need to do, is making sure that he will go into it."
Hannah nodded softly. Sanchez and May went back in the shadows of the barn, and it did not took long before the spirit of Tobias Ford appeared. 
"Tobias? Is that you?" Hannah asked.
And that was exactly the moment May jumped out of the shadows, right on Tobias. Sanchez had the strange tendency to take some popcorn, and to watch their fight like a movie fight, but she decided not to do it.
"To the left."
When May pushed Tobias into the pentagram, she sighed exhausted.
He was a good fighter.
"They are friends, Tobias. You have to stop, please," Hannah said.
He tried to go to her, but the pentagram wouldn't let him.
"What... What have you done to me?" He asked.
"I'm sorry, but you were attacking us. We had to make you stop," Sanchez replied.
"I know you've escaped the reapers. But without them, it isn't easy to go on. You are trapped between here-"
"And hell," he answered. He fell down on his knees.
"God. I'll go to hell for what I did."
"What did you do?" Hannah asked.
"We losed a few volts, and then you visited. It was the best part of my day."
With a few movements of her foot, Sanchez made one of the lines of the pentagram disappear.
She knew this kind of souls. They were just desperate.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt."
"Oh no... Tobias... How could you?"
"I killed them," he said. "And now, even worse, everyone started blaming you, and I tried to stop them-"
"But you only hurt more people-"
"I was trying to... To protect you from them. I was trying to atone for my sin. Hannah, please. Only if you forgive me, I won't go to hell."
"Only god can forgive you," She answered.
"And he won't," May said. "You can't undo what is done."
"But he might feel compassion for your reasons," Sanchez responded. She took something from her pocket, and gave it to Tobias.
"They'll know with you've talked. It'll be okay."
She smiled at him, and left the barn. May, Hannah, and Tobias were the only ones left.
"Trying to hold on to this life, trying to hold on to the person you thought you could be... That's the real hell," May said. "You're dragging her down with you. You have to let her go, Tobias. Before my people come, and they will make you."
She was silent for a few seconds.
"If you know you care about her, and we all know you do... Let her go. Let the girl go."
Coulson, Ward, and Skye entered the barn, but Sanchez stopped them.
She didn't allow them to interrupt.
Tobias took Hannah her hand, and closed his eyes.
"Let the girl go."
Slowly, he disappeared. But Sanchez knew, he disappeared from this world for good. To another one.