09

Chapter 9 - Running Away

Elias carried Iris in his arms.

The elevator opened, leading them to their private penthouse in the uptown area. He walked towards the bedroom, placing her unconscious body softly on the bed.

The bed dipped with her weight. He brushed off the curls from her face putting a duvet over her body.

"Beautiful," Jasper crooned, admiring the sleeping beauty. Elias placed a kiss on her forehead, moving out of the room.

Jasper's phone rang the moment they got out of the room. "Speak," he picked up the call. "Sir we have a meeting arranged for the military tender with the defense minister," Emilia, their PA, informed them.

Jasper gritted his teeth. He didn't want to leave Iris.

Not when she was just a minute away from him.

But a meeting with the defense minister was just as important. With that, they were also earning a huge connection which will benefit them in the long run. With that, they can spoil and protect her more.

"Sir?" Emilia questioned, not hearing the reply. "We will be there," he grunted and cut the call. "We need to leave," Jasper looked at his brother. Elias's eyes twitched in annoyance but understood the business was equally important.

"As per the drug, she won't be awake for a few hours," Elias mentioned. With that, they can return before she wakes up. Jasper nodded.

"Peter," Elias called a guard. "Till we return, monitor her. But maintain your distance," he commanded, but the warning was clear in his tone.

"If anything happens to her while we are gone, you will lose your head," Jasper threatened with a cynical smile. Peter quivered at their words but earnestly nodded.

"Let's just get it done," Elias sighed. The meeting needed to end quickly so that they could spend more time with their darling.

Giving one last look towards the room Iris was sleeping in, the brothers headed to the conference.

---

She blinked her eyes, getting used to the sudden bright light. Her head was hammered when she woke up.

"Ugh," she groaned loudly, rubbing her throbbing temples. She grimaced at the after-effects of the drug.

Looking at the unknown surrounding realization stuck her as she abruptly sat up on the bed. She looked at herself hastily. She let out a sigh of relief. Her clothes were still the same.

She gasped when she understood the brothers had kidnapped her and brought her to a very luxurious apartment

As a nerd she was she has watched too many criminal shows to understand the fact if they were going to torture her she would not be lying in the bed, which was more expensive than someone's yearly payment. But would be in some forsaken dungeon.