27

Chapter 27 - Kneel

They walked hand in hand.

Iris relished the feeling of the warm water at her feet. Walking on wet, soft sand felt soothing. She childishly kicked her legs, walking in the watering enjoying the splashes. The waves tickled her foot. It felt good.

She giggled at the feeling; the entire ambiance felt relaxing and soothing. The brothers' hearts thumped at the silver light sound. It felt like a symphony they didn't wish to stop listening to. After months, they had heard her being this carefree.

"We can move here," Jasper suddenly said, catching her off guard. She looked at him, checking if he was joking or not. Her eyes grew wide, seeing he was being dead serious.

"That would be too much," she knew if she stayed at a beach every day, she would grow bored with them. It was basic human behavior- overlooking the things they already own and coveting new things. 

"Then how about we visit once a year," Elias hummed, watching her with a smile.

Iris nodded. She reveled in the feeling of a warm coast. Her eyes fluttered close she felt the mild breeze on her face.

"Oh, you did not just do it," Jasper glowered at his brother, who splashed water on his face. Elias shrugged, splashing even more water on his face till his hair soaked and water dripped down his jaw, wetting his white shirt that hugged his body.

"You ruined my hair," he screeched. "You little fucker, I spend over half an hour styling it," he cursed, running for his brother, who flipped him off. "Get your ass here," he howled, tackling his brother in the water.

Elias spat out the salty water, yanking his brother off him. "I am the better fighter, brother," he grinned, aiming a kick at Jasper's abdomen. "Not for long. I am going to kill you," Jasper deadpanned.

"My hair," Jasper grimaced, feeling sand in it. "I am going to shred the baby blanket you keep in the trunk under our bed and hug to sleep when you watch horror movies," he threatened to watch the crooked grin of his brother's face fade. Elias's face morphed in fury.

"You fucking dare."

"Oh, fuck I will."

Their fight stopped when they heard silvery light laughter. Their head snapped to the voice. Iris clutched her stomach, laughing. Her laughter died down when the brothers were looking at her. Her eyes widened when she realized they were taking strides towards her with a smirk. "Oh no," she ran.

Her short legs were nothing compared to theirs.

Elias grabbed her from behind, yanking her closer

Elias grabbed her from behind, yanking her closer. He turned her in the air earning a fit of giggles from her. He beamed at her glowing face. Their angel, their wife.

He swooned at her laughter; his smile widened. Elias's heart became carefree and dripped in honey. This woman was the sole reason for happiness. He peppered her face with kisses. "So fucking cute," he grinned as Iris shyly lowered her head. Her heart trumped at the complement.