13

Chapter 13 - A chance to leave

It had been over a week since she had been 'brought' here.

Her mind was a mess. Iris was on guard all the time. Her sleep schedule became a wreck; she was barely eating. She stayed in the library for most of the time.

Iris did her best to avoid the brothers. She sat in the library reading Wuthering Heights. Her small legs dangled off the silk cushion chair.

Elias, who just entered the library, found the sight extremely endearing. "Iris," he called out. Iris tried her best not to flinch at his sound, but he could see how her breath hitch, the grip on the book, tightening. She shifted uncomfortably in the chair.

She placed the book on the table. Getting up, she looked up at him because of the obvious height difference.

"Follow me for lunch," Elias motioned. Ever since she had arrived here, brothers made sure they at least had one meal together concerning their busy schedule. They were working extra hours to get as much done so that they could take a long vacation with their girl.

Elias grabbed her wrist, tugging her towards him. He frowned at how thin it felt compared to before. She was not eating enough. "Let's have you filled up today," he murmured, leading her towards the kitchen.

"Slow down," she urged, her tiny legs not being able to keep up with his long strides. Elias took a note of it and lowered his speed.

He pulled her a chair to sit as she murmured thanks at the gentleman's act. Though she believed kidnapping her proved otherwise. "Eat," Jasper said as the maids brought in multiple dishes.

Iris hesitantly put some pasta on her plate, twirling it on the plate

Iris hesitantly put some pasta on her plate, twirling it on the plate. "Stop playing with your food and eat," Elias chided. Iris' grip tightened on the fork as she forcefully took a bite. She gulped down the pasta, though it was a delicacy, she could no longer taste it.

She took multiple tiny bits. But the amount of food she consumed would not be enough to feed a 5-year-old child. Jasper frowned at how little she had been eating. Every day, she was eating less and less. "Is this your way to rebel?" he questioned loudly.

Iris didn't look at him. "N-no," she squeaked out, her eyes focused on the plate in front of her. "Look at me when talking," he growled. Iris flinched at his harsh tone. She took a shaky breath and looked at him. "I-I am not hungry," she said.

"And pigs can fly," he scoffed.

"If you throw them high enough in the sky," she grumbled in her mind.

"Eat more or I can shove it down your throat," Elias warned. He was the harsher brother.

Jasper was the sweet honey tongue boy who would show you a charming smile that would lure you in his web and bite you with the most lethal venom like a snake. So that you would die painstakingly slow, while he enjoys you struggling and begging with a glass of red wine.