23

Chapter 23 - Tainted hands

The newly married throuple walked out of the room to the living area.

All the servants and guards lined up. Their heads bowed to the owners. Jasper didn't find it worth introducing Iris to every single one of them. "Peggy," he called as a woman in her 40s came forward. "If you ever need anything, you ask Peggy," he informed his wife.

It shocked Iris to see so many servants lined up with their heads bowed. They are behaving like actual masters and servants. Rich people's life was something she was not used to.

"Yes," she hesitantly nodded, giving Peggy a small smile.

"She is our wife, and you are going to show her the same respect you show to us if not more," Elias' voice boomed through the room like a king ordering his vassals. "If any of you offend her or fall short of serving her, you can say goodbye to your lives," Jasper added with a polite smile.

Iris could see a few of them faintly tremble at his words. She grabbed Jasper's hand, subconsciously thinking he would harm them.

Jasper's attention went to the hand when he slowly lifted his hand. The servants froze, thinking their master would hit her. They were cruel enough to do that. But he patted her head gently. A wave of shock went through all of them. They had never seen them behave so gently.

His eyes turned cold from warm; his voice hardened as he ordered the remaining people. "Leave." At his words, everyone scrambled from the room except Peggy.

"Let's have lunch; you must be hungry," he smiled, looking at how long she had slept. At the mention of the food, Iris's stomach grumbled loudly, showing its presence. How embarrassing. Iris' face reddened, causing Elias and Jasper to let out a laugh. "Let's fill you up," Elias chuckled, leading her to the room.

Peggy kept her eyes low, but couldn't help feeling bewildered. She had raised the brothers by herself. Peggy never saw these cold-blooded snakes laugh without malice. They always held blank faces, even when she saw the brothers kill at ten, their tiny hands drenched in blood.

She still remembered that day. The day they had their first kill.

Jasper let out a psychotic smile, whiffing the copper smell as if he enjoyed having blood on his hands. Elias' face looked blank, but one could see the satisfaction of killing someone clear on his face. They were still kids, so it was easy to read them since they had not fully learned to mask their emotions.

They scared Peggy shitless.

The ten-year-old kids were taught how to shoot without blinking and use knives to skin someone alive. Their father- Harold Sinclair, was not a good father but a ruthless leader. He raised his sons even more ruthlessly.

One day the brothers had completed their training and were resting in the living air

One day the brothers had completed their training and were resting in the living air. Their clothes dyed red from the blood of their enemies. They were only fifteen years old. Peggy's legs trembled to look at them as she carried a warm towel to them. Jasper grabbed the towel wiping his hands of the blood. "Blood is so intoxicating," he commented, looking at his pink hands tainted from blood.