43

Chapter 43. Fluttering heart

The Sinclair brothers were workaholics.

Every week since the problem began during their honeymoon, they had encountered a bug in the server, a missing client, or something else, and this pattern was now becoming clear.

"Someone is after us," Jasper said, his smile making Edward, their bodyguard, shrink back. The smile was downright evil.

"Boss," a guard entered the room. "We have caught a traitor," he said. Elias cracked his knuckles. It was the perfect time to take all his anger out. Recently his mind was clouded by the words the dumb man spoke- your wife might like Jasper more than you.

His jaw clenched hard.

It was a lie.

Iris, their lovely wife, loved them equally. She was kind even though they forced marriage on them, spoke harshly to her, and forced her enough to take her life; she still forgave them.

But this did not make her weak. It took much strength to be kind to your abusers. Their wife was strong.

They had accepted they were abusers in a toxic relationship while she was an innocent victim. She deserved better than them, but they could not let her go. She was the only light in their dark mind. She was the only thing keeping them together- if not, their insane mind would run wild again.

Elias and Jasper entered the 'secure' wing of the office.

Edward bowed to them. "Sirs," he answered. "The man has still not spoken a word," the guard lamented. He knew the moment he was incompetent- the brothers would throw him away. If he had no use, he had no value.

Jasper tilted his head mechanically as a cruel smile crawled on his face. He would have fun; his finger traced over the sharp blade. Maybe he should peel half of his face first.

"Let me," Elias let out a grunt.

Jasper raised an eyebrow at his words. Elias was the one who hated getting his hand messy. He liked killing in one strike. Elias enjoyed watching torture, but he was not the one inflicting it. It was Jaspers's perverse ways that tormented the poor souls.

Jasper gladly handed him the knife.

The man let out a low chuckle. "Your sick bastards," he pained out a cough. "This is just the beginning. The Sinclair Empire is going to fall," he laughed with pain coursing through his body.

Elias halted; he twirled the blade. "And how would that be," Jasper asked, almost mocking. They would be at the top if they were that easy to take down. Even the government feared their wrath. Who was above them? Who could take them down?

It was not arrogance but facts.

The bloodied man smiled back. Of course, they were difficult to remove, but they now had a weakness surrounding them. And they could easily exploit that weakness.

A weakness that the brothers had wrapped around her little finger. But telling them would ruin the fun, so he blinked innocently. "I'm not sure."

"Just finish him," sighed Jasper. He leaned back in his chair, watching his brother's eyes sparkle with malice. Why was he tense, Jasper's brow furrowed?

Elias moved closer to the man, the blade slipping into his cheek, causing him to scream as he rattled within the chains. "Shush," Elias cooed as the blade cut through the epidermis, revealing the muscles beneath the skin.

His fingers went beneath the skin as he pinched and pulled on the marred flesh. As the man bled and cried, he let the torn skin fall to the floor. His salty tears prickled his skin. Painful. It was excruciatingly painful.