55

Chapter 55. Breaking Vows [part 3]

"Fuck you."

The room wallowed in an eerie stillness, shattered only by the echoes of her words. Her pink dress clung to her body, drenched and ruined by the man's callous act of pouring water over her. The vintage Valentino fabric now sagged heavily, suffocating her sense of elegance and poise.

"Tina Matthews. 29. The daughter of a diamond merchant. And a spoiled fucking brat," Jasper's voice oozed with venom as he spat out the words. Each syllable seemed to carry the weight of his disdain. "Arrested for DUI, but then daddy got her out, paying the poor family a lump sum of a million for killing their 14-year-old son."

A cruel smirk curled on Jasper's lips, his eyes glinting with sadistic pleasure. He reveled in taunting her, provoking her anger to intensify. "Oh, but that's not the end of it. People around you have mysteriously vanished, especially women," he sneered, his words laced with a twisted delight. "Women who were prettier than you."

Tina's gaze hardened, and her eyes fixated on Jasper. With an evil hiss, she retorted, "No one is prettier than me." The chains rattled as her body shook against their restraint.

"Our wife is. She is the prettiest woman," Elias deadpanned. His wife was truly gorgeous.

She glared at Elias, her eyes burning with a ferocity that defied her vulnerable situation.

"Jasper," she called out, her voice coy. "Listen to me. I did not harm your wife."

Jasper's laughter sliced through the air, cold and malevolent. "You did not harm my wife," he mocked, his voice dripping with icy derision.

A flicker of uncertainty danced across Tina's eyes, her previous defiance faltering momentarily. "I saw it with my fucking eyes. Your hand yanked her hair. Her tear-streaked face, bruised neck," Jasper's accusations gained momentum with each word, his voice growing louder and more accusatory. "And now you dare to claim innocence."

With a heavy sigh, Tina's voice wavered as she attempted to justify her actions, a tremor of desperation evident in her tone. "Fine," she conceded, her words laced with resignation. "I didn't cause her bruises. That girl pushed my limits, and I taught her a lesson."

Elias's laughter reverberated through the room, a chilling sound that made Tina's blood run cold. "That girl? That fucking girl you laid a hand on is my wife. Even a single strand of her hair is harmed, it ignites a fire within me. And yet you dared to spew slurs and harm her."

Closing the distance between them, Elias positioned himself directly in front of Tina, his presence dominating and menacing. He locked eyes with her, an intense gaze that pierced through her façade.

"You've only heard the sanitized version of our lives. The millions we donate, the benevolent acts we perform— it's a facade, a well-crafted illusion," he sneered.

The room seemed to darken further as Elias continued, his voice a venomous whisper. "All these years, no one has dared to stand against us. Why? Because we present ourselves as paragons of virtue? Or is it because we've systematically erased anyone and anything that posed a threat to us? Including people."

Tina's eyes widened in disbelief, her mind reeling from the revelations. "No way," she protested, her voice trembling with fear and denial. The Jasper she once knew, the golden boy who graced galas and donated millions to her fashion school, couldn't possibly be a cold-blooded murderer.

"It's impossible," she whispered, her voice barely audible as a chilling realization settled upon her. The chains that bound her seemed to tighten, constricting her every movement.