51

Chapter 51. Dance with the Devils [part 1]

The car rolled to a stop at their destination as Elias and Jasper sprang out of their respective vehicles in unison. The tension between them was palpable as they jostled each other for position, eager to be the first to reach Iris.

But as Elias caught sight of his wife, his demeanor softened. He glared at Jasper, a playful expression in his eyes, and gently pushed him aside, reaching out his hand for Iris.

She couldn't help but bite her lip to contain a smile at their antics. They were like two puppies vying for attention, and she was the center of their world.

"You look cute," she murmured, taking Elias's hand. She watched as his eyes widened and his ears reddened- but he maintained a stoic expression.

"Let's go," he kissed her knuckles, leading her.

Elias and Jasper moved with purpose, positioning themselves on either side of her and shielding her from the prying eyes of the cameras.

Their bodies were like a shield, strong and protective. They stood with their wife; their faces set in determined expressions. Iris felt safe and secure, knowing they would do everything to keep her out of harm's way.

The paparazzi's cameras flashed and clicked, but Jasper and Elias didn't flinch. They stood their ground, their bodies tense and alert, ready to leap into action at a moment's notice.

"Mrs. Sinclair, here, look here, please!"

"One photo, ma'am."

"Look here!"

Then the questions about their marriage started pouring in.

"Mr. Sinclair! Was this marriage a business move?"

"How does it feel to the same woman."

"Mrs. Sinclair, did you marry them for their money."

"Mr. Sinclair, do you have anything to do with model Yonna's disappearance."

"Mrs. Sinclair, do you agree to the claims of calling you a gold digger? From rags to riches. How do you feel?"

This fucking- Elias's eyes darkened. Elias took a deep breath, his knuckles turning white as he clenched his fist tightly. He was seething with anger, but he knew better than to let it show in front of the public.

Jasper's smile didn't falter, but Iris could see the icy glint in his eyes as he turned to face the reporter who had just asked the question. He knew this was a loaded question.

"Our wife is not a gold digger," Jasper began, his tone measured and diplomatic. "She has worked hard for everything she has achieved, and she deserves every bit of success that has come her way."

Iris felt a surge of gratitude toward her husband. He was always so protective of her. Elias glared at the report, subtly looking at Edward- who bowed down, understanding the silent command.

"We all come from different backgrounds," Jasper continued, his voice rising slightly. "Rather... it's me who is the gold digger in the relationship. She has spoiled us with kindness and love, and I am proud to stand by her side."

Iris felt her heart swell with pride as Jasper's words sunk in. He was a master at navigating tricky situations like this, always able to turn the conversation in their favor without giving away too much.

As the reporter moved on to the next question, Jasper turned to Iris with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, love," he whispered. "I've got your back- always and forever."