56

Chapter 56. Death is the new beginning

The brothers entered their home, their heavy footsteps echoing through the now eerily silent halls. A tense silence hung in the air, suffocating their throats as they exchanged a fleeting glance filled with unspoken worry and fear.

"Baby," they called out. No one replied.

The brothers froze.

Their gaze shifted to the motionless figures strewn across the floor, their bodies sprawled like discarded rag dolls. The once-vibrant souls who had faithfully served their household now lay lifeless, their eyes vacant and their limbs twisted in unnatural angles.

The air hung heavy with the stench of death, a chilling reminder of the macabre scene that had unfolded in their absence.

The brothers' frantic footsteps echoed through the mansion, their once-confident strides now transformed into erratic dashes. Their eyes darted around, scanning every corner for any trace of their beloved Iris.

Sweat mingled with the furrows on their brows, mirroring the intensity of their desperation. Elias's hands trembled as he tore open drawers and flipped through papers, his fingers leaving smudges of anxiety in their wake.

"Where are you, Iris?" he muttered under his breath, his voice quivering with a mixture of fear and determination. His heart pounded in his chest, threatening to burst from the suffocating grip of worry.

Jasper's normally composed facade crumbled, revealing a raw vulnerability. He ransacked closets and overturned furniture, his fingers grazing over items that held memories of shared laughter and stolen kisses.

A guttural growl escaped his throat as frustration mingled with helplessness. "Iris, don't you dare hide from us," he pleaded, his voice laced with a potent mix of desperation and longing. "Where are you, baby?"

As they moved through the mansion, the eerie silence pressed against their ears, punctuated only by the echo of their anguished cries. The realization began to settle in, like a weighty boulder upon their shoulders.

Iris was kidnapped.

Soon a group of highly trained men entered the mansion.

Elias's desperation festered, twisting into a manic determination. His voice quivered with a mixture of fear and rage as he barked out orders. "Find her! Tear this place apart if you have to! I don't care what it takes, just bring her back to us!"

Jasper's composure shattered like shards of glass, his eyes ablaze with an unhinged fire. A chilling grin curled upon his lips, revealing a dark intensity that sent shivers down the spines of those around him.

"Liwei... that son of a bitch," he hissed through clenched teeth. "He will regret the day he laid eyes on her. I will tear his wretched existence apart, piece by bloody piece."

The sound of ringing phones and hurried footsteps filled the air as the brothers mobilized their forces. The echoing voices on the other end of the line exuded a grim determination, matching the intensity that coursed through the veins of their leaders. "We're on our way, sir. No stone will be left unturned. We will find her."

Elias's hands trembled as he clenched and unclenched his fists, his voice strained with desperation. "Raj, that necklace... the tracker. Is there any sign of her?"

"If not, there is a tracker in her shoes, her watches, her phone, her belts. Track each one of them."

Raj's voice crackled through the line, his tone laced with urgency. "I'm scanning the signal now, boss. It's faint, but we're narrowing it down. Hold on."