30

Chapter 30 - Fluffy

Iris walked towards the garden for some fresh air. The castle was vast, yet it was stifling. Though she had grown used to the place, it still did not feel like her home. She missed it.

Iris was in the garden looking at the bird she released yesterday. It was back in its cage. Why? She thought out loud.

"Because it had nowhere to go," Jasper said from behind. Iris jumped at his voice. She looked at him with her doe eyes, confusion written all over her face.

The little bird could fly anywhere? What does he mean by nowhere to go?

He came closer to his wife, hugging her from behind, placing his chin on her shoulder

"It had been in this house for over ten years ever since it snatched its egg. We fed it- we took care of it, we protected it. He does not have any friends outside of the cage. Only a fool would leave their luxury and go into the world with filth and beasts who would prey on him," he mused. Why did it feel like he was not only talking about the bird?

"He would have freedom," she muttered under her breath. She clenched her fist. What more could the bird want than its freedom.

"Oh dear," he sighed. "But what if he found freedom in his cage? After time passed, he realized this is his home, and only we would care about him, and now look, he enjoys being here and getting taken care of," he commented with a smile.

Was this going to happen to her?

Her face fell.

He observed her emotions. A smile made on his face, noticing her despair. "Now, now let's not talk about briddy," he waved off his hand. "Let me introduce you to someone," he grabbed her by the waist and led her to the other side of the castle.

His eyes darted to her bare neck, where their marks were. Did she cover them?

"Do not cover our marks when we are at home," he growled to see her neck covered in concealer. He could not see his marks, his claim. He did not like it. It was his possessive trait to always leave his mark and darken the previous ones he left. The thought was amusing he was never this possessive with his previous women.

"But the workers will see," she nervously said. She felt embarrassed whenever the brothers would kiss her in front of them, they did not care about the public, but she did!

He slapped her bum, earning a yelp from her. "You will listen to what I say, little one," he warned. The other on her waist tightened. "Yes, daddy," she agreed, her voice a little shaky. He rubbed her butt to soothe the pain.

---

Her steps halted when she found a Siberian husky looking at her with his sharp brown eyes. Iris' eyes twinkled, her lips parted in awe. She let out a squeal.