16

Chapter 16 - Only Them 

"I hate you, Iris," the voice shouted.

Iris' eyes grew wide as her body trembled. The bloodied and bruised Flint was standing in front of her. "I-I am sorry, Flint," she hiccuped. Her voice croaked.

"Because of YOU, I am in such a state," he sneered, pointing at his bloodied body. "Flint," Iris walked closer to him, trying to grab his arm. "I am sorry," she repeated for the hundredth time. "I hate you. I wish you were never my friend." he yanked her hand away as Iris staggered back and fell.

"I regret becoming your friend," Flint coldly spat at her, turning away. He glowered, looking down at her. Iris's heart sank. Tears threatened to fall.

"Don't leave me," Iris panicked as she tried to run behind him. Flint's body had disappeared. She was now standing alone in the darkroom. She hugged herself as her knees gave out.

All alone.

I... regret... becoming... your... friend...

His words echoed through the dark, blank room. His harsh words had jabbed her in the sore spot. "I am sorry. I am sorry," Iris choked out a sob.

Iris woke up in shock from the nightmare. It covered her entire body in cold sweat tears flowed through her eyes. Dread took over her. She felt she had lost her friend. Flint must hate me, she sobbed.

She felt useless and alone. All she could do was cry; she couldn't even fight for her freedom. Everyone would leave her as her parents did.

---

Jasper walked into her room

Jasper walked into her room. He entered the closet room to see her brushing her hair. Iris put her hair into a ponytail. Her hand froze when she saw him from the mirror. "Accompany us today," he murmured, hovering over her as he placed his hands over her shoulder. His eyes fixated on her slender neck, inviting him to mark all over it and leave a trail of wet kisses.

Iris tensed at his presence; her heart raced. She nodded. This time, she did not hesitate. It was no longer she who was going to get harmed, but her friend, too.

Jasper's lip tugged upwards at the positive, immediate response. She had obeyed them. He closed his eyes and leaned closer, taking a whiff of her sweet scent. The craving scent of strawberries and cotton candy. It was delicious. It made him wish to devour her clean. Yet the sweet scent bought a sense of relaxation.

She was too tempting.

He grabbed her wrist walking towards their office. "Sit," he ordered towards the sofa. Iris obeyed.

Elias' eyes glimmered pleasantly seeing her so complying. At least that damned brat was of some use, he grumbled. He placed the file in his hand as he moved closer to sit beside her. Iris clutched her sweatpants. His presence always made her nervous.