TWENTY THREE

[ 🌱 ]

[Y/N] [L/N]'S POV

I FINALLY SIT DOWN AND TAKE A BREATHER as i sigh

I FINALLY SIT DOWN AND TAKE A BREATHER as i sigh. "so hot.." i complained, fanning myself with my own hand. i'm alone right now, taking a break somewhere far away from people, and the city. i also doesn't know where is aether and paimon whereabouts as we didn't seem to bump into each other these days. i guess a lot of people are busy with their works now.

the knight of favonius also seems very busy and i'm not really sure why as i'm not apart of them, unlike aether, who was the honorary knight while i'm just a citizen saved by them.

talking about works, the progress with diona's beverage business seems to be going well although none of us start a real thing yet. well we did experiment some but....it doesn't really work out with the taste. i'm not gonna give up though.

my eyes caught a puddle near me so i get up and walked up to it, seeing my reflection on it. ''there's a smell somehwhere here..'' i said as my nose caught a weird smell but i brush it off, thinking it might be a smell of a nearby hilichurls camp. i proceed to crouch down, staring at my own reflection and somehow...i am lost in my own deep eyes.

"its been so long. what am i doing, really?" i did not know why did i questioned myself that. sometimes, i feel like there's a part of me keep pulling and pushing me from the way i've been heading.

that pain, the pain i've experienced that day, why? how? because i'm sure i'm healthy with no illness in this body.

i'm not dumb, i know the pain came from of my existence being in this world. if i encounter a person who said they have been living in a world of which a humanity create, i'd thought they've gone crazy too. but now i'm the one who experienced this, i dont know what to say.

i sigh, closing my eyes for a while before i open it back, just to be taken back at what i've just saw.

"....mom?"

in the puddle, it was no other than my own mom, the one who gave birth to me. the usual beautiful face with gorgeous smile that covered her face everyday, why....did mom's face changed?

"mom, why are you not smiling? is something bothering you?"

mom's face changed again, to frowning turn to disgust.

"who are you calling 'mom'...." the reflection said, or its just me hearing things.

"you're my mom...i'm your daughter. the one whom you've been proud of, right..?"