Chapter 5: Family Trouble *Abuse warning*

Y/N POV

After I got off work, I headed home. I dreaded coming home so bad. But... Kinda have to. I walked in and was greeted by my older sister, who looked pissed off. I took off my shoes and walked right past her.
"Did you just ignore me?" She asked.
I turned to face her with a sigh.
"What do you want, Steph?" I asked.
"You know that 'gas' money you 'borrowed' from me 2 weeks ago? You know how you said you'd pay me back ASAP? Well I fucking want it back NOW." She said.
I rolled my eyes and reached into my pocket, pulling out $35 bucks. I handed it to her. She looked at it, and then at me. She smirked before slapping me across the face. I looked down.
"That's for taking too long, bitch." She said, walking past me.
I let out a shaky sigh, trying my hardest to hold back tears. I walked into the room and pulled out Peter's work, setting it on my desk. I sat down, and got started on it. Just then there was a knock on my door. I don't know how long I'd been working.
"Yeah?" I muttered.
My dad opened the door. I turned to face him.
"Can you explain to me where you had been? You got off school 5 hours ago." He said.
"I was at work. I took an extra shift." I said.
"Bull shit." He said, upsetly.
"I was. Ask my boss even." I said.
"Well you have shit to do here. So why don't you get off your lazy ass and do some house chores." He growled before slamming the door behind him. I looked at the time. It was 9:23pm. I sighed, knowing I'd be up all night.

Peter's POV

I watched Y/N from her bedroom window. Her dad had just came in, yelling at her. I hated the way her family treated her. They acted as if she did nothing. If anything, she was more responsible than any of them. She put in so much effort just to try and make her family happy. Yet... None of them noticed or cared. Her dad half the time was watching TV and drinking. Her sister was always in her room with friends or guys, partying. And her mom was mostly at work, but when she was home she was the worst. Y/N was always being yelled at ot even hurt by her mother. And her sister even too. I swear one day they all were going to pay for how they treat her. She was so sweet and innocent.

Y/N POV

After about an hour or 2 of doing house chores, I headed back into my room, plopping down into my chair. For the next 3 hours, I did nothing but homework. Peter's and even some of mine.
"Fuck... I'm tired as hell." I said, leaning back in my chair.
I looked at the time, now seeing it was almost 3am. I had finished all of Peter's work and decided to head to bed. I picked all of it up, placing it in my bag. I then saw my knife sitting on my desk. I reached over and picked it up. It was still covered in blood from last night's breakdown. A flashback of when my sister slapped me across my face earlier today flashed into my head. I growled in anger. She was the bitch! She never paid me back for anything she 'borrowed' from me. I traced the blade along my hand. It was tempting but... I shouldn't. I put it down before I made any stupid mistakes. I then changed into some PJ's before crawling into bed.
"Tomorrow's gonna be a better day. You can do this." I said to myself.

(640 words)