Chapter 41: Slow Days

Y/N POV

The next morning I woke up and got ready, exiting my room and heading towards the door.
  "Y/N." My father said, slightly scaring me.
  "Yeah dad?" I said, looking over my shoulder.
  "I'm going to the police today. Your mother hasn't been responding and I see that as the only other option left. But, if she for some reason answers you, call me immediately. Got it?" My dad explained.
  "Of course. And ok, good luck." I said.
He nodded and I exited the house. I jumped into my vehicle. Why the hell does mom gotta do this? Hopefully she's ok. But if she is ok, I'm gonna be pissed. Oh well. I need to just focus on getting to school. I pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the school. I wanted to sort things out with TK too. Once I got to the school, I parked and hopped out, running into the building. I saw Opal sitting at one of the cafeteria tables and ran over to her.
  "Hey Y/N. What's wrong? You seem anxious." Opal said.
  "Where is TK?" I asked.
  "They're not here. I got a text from them this morning saying they don't feel well and won't make it." Opal explained.
  "Why didn't they tell me?" I asked.
  "Oh that. They mentioned something about them supposedly being a total dick to you and felt like they just needed to leave you alone. They also told me to they're sorry and hope you can forgive them eventually." Opal explained.
  "Oh... I..." I stuttered, not knowing how to response.
Just then the bell for the first class rang.
  "I'll cya later Opal." I said, turning and walking away.

Peter's POV

I walked into the school building just as the bell rang. I saw Y/N walking away from Opal. She seemed upset. I growled and walked over to Opal. When she made eye contact she immediately looked off towards Y/N and then back at me. Once I stopped in front of her, I grabbed the collar of her shirt and brought my face to hers.
  "What did you do?" I growled.
  "I-I... I don't know! Y/N is just... Being strange! I did nothing to her! Pinky swear!" Opal stuttered, raising her hands to cover her face.
  "Tch... Pathetic." I said, letting her go and turning to walk away.
  "You're a real dick Peter!" Opal shouted.
I rolled my eyes. She was starting to get on my nerves. I walked into the halls and over to Y/N's locker. I looked around before slipping a note into it. I then headed off to class.

// Time Skip //

Y/N POV

School went by dreadfully slow. All I had on mind currently was my mother and TK. I was in my 3rd class only and I felt like it had been 5 years. Finally the lunch bell rang and I stood up and walked to my locker. I opened it and a note fell out. I picked it up. Before I could open it I felt someone tap my shoulder. I shoved the note in my pocket and whipped around to see Harley.
  "What's up?" I said.
  "Just wanted to ask how everything with TK went down. I hope you're ok." Harley said.
  "Oh me? I'm fine. Heh..." I muttered.
  "They shouldn't have barged in on you like that. I should have stopped them... Sorry." Harley said, looking down.
  "Oh no don't worry about it. And yeah, I agree with you. They were kinda pushy and a little disrespectful about that whole situation." I explained.
Just then Peter walked up to us. He glared at Harley. Harley noticed this and looked up.
  "I'll... Cya later." She said, before turning and walking away.
  "Peter... Come on." I said, looking over at him.
  "What?" He asked.
  "Enough glaring at people. Now, I'm starved. Let's go." I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the lunch room.
Lunch for some odd reason went by fast. And now I was sitting in my 2nd to last class. Just then I remembered the note. I pulled out the note, opening it. It read,

Meet me by the locker rooms after your English class.
          -Peter

Luckily I read this in time. I had forgot about it after lunch. I was sitting in my English class right now. What could he want? Just then thoughts began to fill my head. What if he was breaking up with me? What if he saw TK barge in on me at the mall and thought I was cheating? Oh no! Fuck! I need some sort of explanation to that! I mean I could ask Harley to help explain since she was there. I don't know how to deal with this type of shit! Maybe he just wants to talk? Maybe he wants to ask to hang out after school? No he would have did that at lunch.
  "Y/N? You good?" Harley asked, breaking me out of thought.
  "Yeah. Just... Overthinking." I muttered.

(Hello Everyone! So I'm doing a vote for what type of book I'm gonna write next! If you go to my profile and click conversations, the last message should say what you vote for and how! So go place a vote :p and consider following me as well? Thanks!)

(893 words)