Chapter 7: Study Partner

Y/N POV

After class was finished, I stood up and walked over to Peter.
  "So..." I mumbled.
  "Don't make this awkward, nerd." He muttered, standing up.
  "Got it. You wanna study at my place or... Yours?" I asked, nervously.
  "Doesn't matter to me." He said.
  "My place it is." I said, turning and walking out of class.
Peter followed me down the halls. I saw TK and Opal walking over me.
  "Hey Y/N. Why's goth boy following you?" Opal asked.
Peter huffed in annoyance.
  "He's my study partner..." I said.
  "Ah. For science class?" TK asked.
I nodded.
  "Just gotta grab a few things from my locker. I forgot to ask, Peter, did you need anything from your locker before we leave to my house?" I asked, turning to face him.
He shook his head.
  "Do you want us to come over and help?" TK asked.
I just realized both TK and Peter were staring at each other in anger.
  "No thanks. Me and Peter are just fine." I said, smiling.
  "I just don't want this freak hurting you." TK said.
Peter growled in anger.
  "TK. Opal. I'm fine. I'm sure we'll get along just fine." I said.
  "Ok. We'll be off. We'll see you tomorrow." Opal said.
  "Cya." I said, continuing to walk to my locker, Peter following behind.
We stopped at my locker. I opened it and grabbed a few books and notebooks.
  "Sorry about them, also." I said.
  "It's whatever." Peter said.
We walked out of school and towards my car. We got in.
  "Nice car." Peter said.
  "Thanks." I said, smiling nervously.
We then pulled out of the school and headed to my house. The drive was silent. Peter was on his phone mostly. I internally sighed. Tonight I was supposed to go home and relax, but turns out I gotta study with the goth kid. I mean, I don't mind. I just hope neither of my parents get home early today.
  "How long do you wanna stay? Or how long are you able to?" I asked.
  "Meh. I'll walk home." Peter said.
  "You sure?" I asked, looking over at him.
  "Yeah. I walk everywhere anyway." He said.
  "D-do you not have a vehicle?" I asked.
  "Oh I do. I just would rather walk. Plus, me and my sister share. She uses it a lot more anyhow." He explained.
  "Well if you want me to drive you home, I can. I honestly don't mind." I said.
He shrugged. We pulled into my driveway and got out. I grabbed the house keys out of my bag and walked over to the door. I noticed it was already unlocked.
  "What? Oh no." I muttered, knowing someone was home.
I turned to look at Peter.
  "I d-don't know who is home... But please... Ignore them... They're assholes to everyone. Including me." I stuttered.
  "Yeah yeah." He muttered, rolling his eyes.
I opened the door and we walked in.
  "Y/N? You're home already?" Steph said from the other room.
  "Yeah no shit." I said, frowning.
She walked into the kitchen and I knew damn well she had her boyfriend with her by the way she looked. Her lipstick was smeared all over. Her hair was messy. She was only wearing her sports bra and some very short blue shorts.
  "What the hell?! Who is that! And I'm supposed to have the house for myself tonight!" She yelled.
  "This is Peter. My study partner. And actually you said you were going to a friends." I said.
  "You really think I'd go hang out with my friend's when our parents aren't home?" She asked.
  "Yes actually. Why don't you and your boyfriend go to his house and 'play' or whatever." I said, pissed off.
  "His parents are home. Plus, you're only saying that so you and your so-called study partner can get away with a few things. I won't tell if you don't tell." Steph said, smirking.
I turned bright red.
  "What the fuck!? No way! I'm not sleeping with anyone!" I yelled.
Steph rolled her eyes.
  "Well then, you and your study partner are gonna have to deal with me." Steph said, walking out if the room.
  "Steph why!?" I yelled.
I sighed and turned to look at Peter.
  "I am so sorry about this..." I muttered.
  "Why are you apologizing?" He asked.
  "Well now you have to deal with my whore for a sister playing their little games while we work." I explained.
  "Just turn on some music. I have to hear my sister all the time as well. I'm used to it." He said.
  "Oh um... Ok. Good idea." I said.
We walked into my room. I threw my bag onto the floor and plopped into my chair, opening one of the drawers of my desk and pulling out a speaker. Peter sat down on my bed, looking around.
  "What kind of music do you like?" I asked.
  "Meh... I'm not picky." He said.
  "Oh ok." I said.
I just clicked into my playlist and put it on shuffle. I then pulled out all my books and stuff while the speaker loaded. The first song thst started playing was Neoni-LOSER.
  "So do you have a notebook by chance? I plan on readig threw our category. But while I read, I'll tell you sections that are important, and you write them down. Then whenever we finishing findig enough important reasons and whatever, I'll start the essay." I explained.
  "That's cool with me." He said, opening his backpack and pulling out a black notebook.
  "Ok. So according to the teacher it should take about 2 weeks. But... I usaully only study for about 2 hours and be done. If that's ok with you?" I asked.
He gave a thumbs up. I smiled a little and opened the first page of the book.

(980 words)