Chapter 37: Concerned

Y/N POV

I sat up to an annoying beeping sound. I growled and looker over, only to realize it was my alarm.
"I... I slept the whole damn night!?" I yelled, standing up.
I then remembered Peter was here. I looked over and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hmm?" He mumbled.
"Well... I gotta go to work... Would ya wanna walk with me? I also don't want my mom finding out you're here." I said.
He sat up, yawning.
"What time is it?" He asked.
"7:30am... I gotta get to work by 8:15am." I said.
"Shit I slept longer than I wanted too." He muttered, standing up.
"Same." I said.
I then remembered the necklace. I looked over at my nightstand and picked it up.
"Also you forgot this here." I said, handing it to him.
"Wha- Where was it?" He asked, shocked.
"In my closest for some reason." I said, shrugging.
He seemed to look a little shocked and nervous. But he quickly changed his expression.
"Oh thanks." He said, putting it on.
"I'm thinking it may have fell off and landed in my hoodie pile, but I feel like if that was the case, I would have seen it while I put them away. But who knows." I said.
He just nodded. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out an outfit.
"I'm gonna change and then we can head out. Thanks for coming over, also." I said.
"Yeah no problem." He said.
I walked out of the room and headed to the bathroom. I decided to go and check if my mother was home first. I walked over to her bedroom door and knocked. Nothing. I walked into the kitchen and looked out the window. Her car wasn't here. I looked over at the calendar. She didn't have work today. I was a little concerned. Maybe she just got called in again? I decided to roll it off my shoulders for now and head back to the bathroom.

Peter's POV

I can't believe my necklace fell off and I didn't notice. I'm just glad she didn't suspect anything. She definitely would be upset if she found out I was stalking her and stuff. I don't plan on telling her yet. Maybe in the future. And maybe once I take care of TK, Opal, and the rest of her family. But for now it's too risky. I sighed a little. I need to be more cautious of what I do. Y/N walked into the room. She looked concerned.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"My mom got called in yesterday for work and hasn't came home." She said, grabbing her bag and keys.
"Maybe she just got a hotel or something?" I muttered.
"Maybe. I just hope she is ok." She sighed.
Why does she care what happens to her mother? Her mother was an absolute dick to her. And she still worries?
"But we should head out. I don't wanna be late. Jen won't be too happy if I am." Y/N said.

Y/N POV

We got into my car and headed towards the coffee shop. I think I'll call my mom when I get to the coffee shop. It's not like her to take 2 days to work on her days off. Maybe I really pissed her off though? Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over at Peter.
"Quit worrying, Y/N. I'm sure your mother is fine." He said.
I nodded looking back at the road.
"I just... It's not like her. What if... What if she... Got in an accident? Or overdosed? Maybe she got in a fight with the wrong people? Ugh... She puts herself into bad situations all the time!" I said, pulling into the coffee shop parking lot.
I parked and turned off the car, looking back over at Peter. Peter kinda shrugged.
"Why do you care so much about someone who is so terrible to you?" Peter asked.
I raised a brow, confused.
"I mean... Yeah she's not the best mother... But she's still my mom." I said.
Peter nodded. We got out of the vehicle.
"I'll cya later, Y/N." Peter said.
I gave him a hug.
"Cya." I said.
He kissed me on the forehead before pulling away from the hug.
"Love you." Peter said.
"I love you too." I said, smiling.
Peter walked off and I headed into the coffee shop. I pulled out my phone and dialed my mom's number. It rang for awhile before going to voice-mail. I sighed and hung up. Peter's right. It'll be fine. I mean she has done this before in the past. Maybe she just needed a break from me.
"Hey Y/N." Jen said.
"Heya." I said.
"It's been busy. I bet you'll make $30 bucks in tips today." Jen said.
I smiled and clocked in.

(Hewo everyone! Sorry for being so absent. I've been busy with work and Christmas stuff XD anyways, please consider following! Thanks if ya do! It means a lot!)

(847 words)