Chapter 58: The Truth Hurts

Y/N POV

We eventually made it into my apartment, after nearly running the whole way. The storm was awful. After catching our breath, I walked over to the kitchen counter, and set my bag down.
  "So... Did you plan on keeping your identity from me forever or...?" I asked, breaking the silence.
  "No. I was gonna eventually tell you the truth." Peter said.
  "Ok." I said.
  "Is your roommate home?" Peter asked.
  "No. Why do you ask?" I asked.
  "I... I don't know. I just really don't feel comfortable about talking about this topic with others around." He muttered.
I nodded, motioning him to sit down. He did so. I sat down across from him, at the island. We both kinda sat there silently. Peter was looking down, fidgeting with his hands. I didn't really know what else to ask or say.
  "Did you at all miss me....?" Peter asked, quietly.
  "Strangly, yeah. I did." I mumbled.
  "Will you forgive me?" He asked, looking up at me.
I shrugged.
  "Look, Peter. I... This is all so sudden for me. I need time. Maybe if you can prove to me that you'll change, I will. But for now... I'm still a little... Shocked that this is all happening. Does that make sense?" I explained.
  "I get it. Take your time. I promise I can change for you, though." He said.
I smiled a little. Maybe after all these years, he finally realized what he did was wrong.
  "Can I still... Talk to you? Can we still hang out?" He asked.
  "Yeah just maybe not around TK. You know how they are." I said.
Peter nodded.
  "Would you like something to drink? Like... I don't know... Hot cocoa? I'd say coffee but it's a bit late, but if you want that, I can make it." I asked.
  "Oh ugh... I'm ok with hot cocoa." Peter said.
I nodded and got up, walking over to the stove. I grabbed the tea kettle and filled it with water. I then placed it on the stove, and turned it on. Why the hell are you doing this? You just brought a killer and your stalker into your home.
  "Hey, Peter?" I said, still facing the stove.
  "Yes darling?" He replied.
  "You... Aren't planning on killing me as revenge, right?" I asked.
  "Wh-what?! Are you crazy!? Never! No! I would never kill or harm you in anyway! No matter what happens! Ok? I just really missed you... That's all. I was never seeking you out to harm you or get back at you for anything. I promise." Peter said.
I looked over at him. I gave a small shy smile.
  "So what happened to you? When did your whole goth phase end?" I asked, walking over to sit down again.
  "Oh geez. Now we're on that topic. Um... Well as soon as I got out of prison, I had a whole mental breakdown when I found out you moved and blocked me on everything. So I ended up shaving my hair off. And I was no longer into the whole edgy outfits or whatever. Who knows..." Peter explained.
  "How long have you been out of prison?" I asked.
  "Well, I was only in there for about 4 years and a half. About a year after I was out, I found your location and... For the past 5 years or so I've kinda been... Just stalking you... I was too scared to approach you for the longest time." Peter said.
  "Oh..." I mumbled.
An awkward silence filled the room. Or that was until the teapot began to whistle. I walked over to it and took it off the stove. I grabbed 2 cups and the small tub of hot cocoa. I poured 2 small scoops into each cup and then some water, mixing it with a spoon. I then walked back over to Peter, setting his cup onto the table.
  "Thanks." He said in nearly a whisper tone.
  "No problem." I said.
Silence. Again. What else should I ask? Do I really wanna know what else he could have done?
  "What would you have done if I rejected you at the park?" I asked, quietly.
  "I would have kept trying..." He said.
  "Until I said yes?" I muttered.
He just nodded shyly. He was lying though. Something seemed off.
  "I want the truth." I said.
  "Oh. I um... May have... Kidnapped you." He said, a nervous smile made it's way onto his lips.
I just sat there in shock. Maybe TK was right. He'll never change. He needs to be back in prison. Fuck, maybe a mental hospital. I looked over at the time. It was around 10:30pm.
  "It's getting late. You should probably leave." I said.
Peter looked up. He seemed hurt.
  "I have work tomorrow. And you have my number. Um... Text me sometime? I don't know." I said, standing up and walking to the door.
Peter sighed and stood up too. He walked over to the door as well, keeping his head down.
  "Thanks for being honest with me." I said.
  "Yeah... Thanks for... Understanding." He mumbled.
Just then my phone buzzed. I reached into my pocket for it, but Peter grabbed my hand. I looked up. He looked scared or worried.
  "I'm just gonna see who texted. Ok? I'm not calling the cops." I said.
He seemed to calm down, but he didn't let go of my hand. He pulled me into his arms and pressed his lips against mine, firmly. I was shocked and kinda froze. Once again, my body seemed to have a mind of it's own. I had grabbed the front of his sweatshirt, kissing back. He moved his hands to my waist. Soon our kiss was becoming a bit more heated. That's when I panicked. I pulled away, gasping for air slightly. I looked down, feeling the blush spread across my face.
  "I think you should go." I said, opening the door.
  "Yeah ugh... I was... Thinking the same. See you... Later?" He stuttered, slowly walking over to the door.
I nodded.
  "Just text me." I said.
  "Ok. Bye darling. Sleep well." He said, exiting the room.
  "You too." I mumbled, closing the door.
I kinda just stood there for the moment.  This is wrong! All wrong! Fuck! But... I wanted him to stick around.
  "Oh my gosh what the actaul fuck is wrong with you, Y/N?" I asked, leaning my head on the door.
Just then my phone rang, scaring me. I reached into my pocket, pulling it out to see that it was TK.
  "H-hello?" I said.
  "Y/N what the hell? Why haven't you been responding? I was scared that freak kidnapped you or something." TK asked, sounding panicked.
  "Sorry I was... Cleaning." I said.
  "At this time of night? No you weren't. Now what's going on. What happened between you and Peter?" TK asked.
  "Look can I please tell you about it tomorrow? I'm tired and wanna sleep." I said.
  "Ugh fine. Goodnight Y/N." TK said.
  "Night." I said before hanging up.
I then walked into my room and got ready for bed.

(1196 words)