Chapter 38: Confusion

Y/N POV

Jen was right. Those 4 hours flew by. And I made $32 bucks in tips. I sat next to my car in the parking lot, waiting for TK to arrive. Soon I heard them mumbling to themself. I stood up and turned around.
"Hey TK. Ready to head to the mall?" I asked them.
They looked up and smiled, nodding.
"How was work?" They asked.
"Fast as hell. And busy as hell. But not so busy that I feel like dying." I laughed, walking over to TK.
I hugged them quickly, before pulling away and opening the passenger door for them.
"Why are you so happy?" They asked, hopping into the vehicle.
I ran to the driver's side quickly and hopped into the vehicle as well.
"When was the last time we hung out at the mall together? Just me and you?" I asked, smirking.
"A loooong time ago. That's for sure." TK said.
"Exactly. That's why I'm happy. Oh and because I made $32 bucks in tips today." I explained, starting the vehicle.
I pulled out of the parking lot and headed in the direction of the mall.
"Sweet. So you buying lunch that means?" TK asked, jokingly.
"I mean sure. I don't see why not." I said.
"I'm kidding Y/N. I can buy lunch." TK said.
"No no. I insist." I said.
We basically argued all the way to the mall about who was buying lunch. As soon as I parked in the parking lot, I got out.
"First one into the mall pays for lunch." I said, running off.
Sadly... TK beat me. I frowned.
"You paid for coffee last time... I should pay for lunch." I said, folding my arms.
"Yeah... But you also paid for Pizza yesterday." TK said.
I huffed and just nodded.
"Fine. You pay for lunch. Then I'll pay for boba." I said.
"Mk. Fine by me." TK said.
We had decided on just getting some sandwiches. We sat down, and ate. Talking a bit about random shit, like work, school, and our personal lives.
"Yeah. I've been feeling a lot better lately." I muttered.
"That's good. I hope you're being truthful though, Y/N." TK said.
"I am. I'm just... I'm worried for my mom. Yesterday morning we got in a fight. Then she left for 'work' but... I'm thinking she didn't. She never came home last night. And she never randomly takes work offers on her days off. I think she's doing that thing where she runs away for a bit... But that still doesn't even seem right. She doesn't usaully do this unless she's fighting with my dad. But my dad is currently on a buisness trip and he won't be back till... Tuesday, I'm pretty sure." I explained.
"I'm sorry about that. Have you tried texting or calling her?" TK asked.
"I tried calling. It rang till it went to voice-mail. I guess I could text." I said, pulling out my phone.
I quickly typed a message and sent it.
"Now we wait." I said, chuckling a little.
"And while we wait, how about we make it to the boba shop?" TK asked, smirking.
"Agreed." I said, smiling.
We stood up and threw our trash away before making our way towards the boba shop. While we waited in line, I heard someone call my name. I looked over at TK with confusion.
"What?" They asked, confused as well.
"Did you say my name?" I asked.
They shook their head. I then heard it again. But from behind me this time. I turned my head and saw Harley from school. She smiled and walked over to me.
"How's it been?" She asked.
I was confused as to why she wanted something to do with me. She was more of a Tom-boy than her other friend, Faith. Faith was one of those prep girls. I never minded them. They were all nice. Including Faith's Boyfriend, Jared. Who was a jock.
"Oh um good." I muttered.
"You and TK just hanging out today?" Harley asked.
Me and TK nodded.
"Nice. I was here with Jared and Faith... But they kinda ditched me..." She muttered, looking down.
"Oh you can hang with us." TK said, smiling.
"Are you sure? I don't wanna bother you 2. Especially since we've barely ever talked." Harely said.
"That doesn't matter. Come on. I'm buying boba." I said.
She smiled and so did me and TK.

(747 words)