Chapter 65: Let's Talk

Y/N POV

After my long and relaxing bath, I had gotten dressed and brushed my hair and teeth. I decided me and Peter should probably talk about everything that's going on. Maybe I can help him through whatever he's going through? Who knows. I just feel like we really need to talk about this without arguing. I headed downstairs and found Peter in the living room.
  "Peter. We need to talk. Please?" I said, sitting down next to him on the couch.
  "Of course. Is something wrong? I'm gonna guess it's related on the whole me kidnapping you deal..." He mumbled, sitting up.
  "Well... Yes. But... If you really wanna try again and change, you may need to, not to be rude or anything, but you may need to consider seeing a therapist. I feel like it'd be good for you." I explained.
Oh please don't be pissed off or angry that I said that. I sat there nervously.
  "Oh no need to look into that. I'm actually already seeing one." He said, smiling.
  "Wha-what? Seriously?" I asked.
  "Yeah. I started seeing a therapist not too long after I found you're location again. I thought maybe it'd help me change for you. Make me better in a way. And it has! I think..." He said, not sounding too confident in his words.
  "Peter... What? Oh no... If you've been seeing a therapist for this long and still... Well still stalked and kidnapped me... That means they're doing a shitty job at helping you." I said, placing a hand on his.
He glanced down at my hand and then looked back up with a frown. He pulled his hand away and glanced off.
  "That's not true. She said I'm getting better. She said that after I started 'seeing' you again I was doing way better than before. She's doing a great job in my opinion." He muttered, folding his arms.
I shook my head and sighed.
  "If she's encouraging you to stalk someone, she's fucking crazy. And I'm not saying that you're not getting better, Peter. In fact you've honestly changed a lot since high-school. In a good way. At least from what I've saw... So please, stop seeing her. How about we look for someone else?" I asked.
  "No! I'm not trying to look for another fucking therapist! I'm fine with where I'm at! She understands me and is able to help me through these things, Y/N. You don't get it." Peter yelled.
I flinched slightly at his raised voice before frowning.
  "Peter, I'm trying to help you avoid toxic people who are affecting your mental health! You have been being encouraged by this person to stalk me and who knows if it was that bitch's crazy plan to have you kidnap me or some shit! If you want to try again with a relationship, things need to fucking change! Ok? I'm trying to stay positive about this. I really wanna help you, Peter. But if you're gonna refuse my help, then I wanna go home." I said.
  "You are home, darling. And ok. I'm sorry for... Getting upset. I just guess I really believed her. I felt better... I'm sorry. I'll stop seeing her and I'll find someone else. I really am sorry." Peter said.
He looked like he wanted to cry. I think whoever he's seeing was really trying to fuck him up in the head and play with his emotions. Ugh that bitch needs to be put out of buisness if she thinks it's funny to fuck with people. I leaned over and hugged Peter. He hugged me back, burying his face into my hair.
  "It's ok. We'll get through this together. Ok?" I said.
He nodded. I smiled a little. Gosh, I missed this. I felt tears prick into my eyes.
  "I really missed you Peter." I whispered.
  "I missed you too, darling." He whispered back.
We continued to hug for a long moment. The warmth from him made me want to fall asleep like this. I sighed knowing this was wrong. He killed people and kidnapped me and I'm over here enjoying the love and attention he's giving me. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I so naive? Oh well, fuck it. I pulled away, mentally sighing.
  "I wasn't expecting you to be so chill for the first week. I honestly thought you'd be trying to escape." Peter said, chuckling slightly.
  "Well... You're lucky I know you personally. Otherwise I'd probably be way more fucking freaked out." I explained, chuckling as well.
  "Heh, fair point." Peter said.
It was silent for a moment. I looked down, messing with the hem of my shirt.
  "Did you see anyone else while I was gone?" Peter asked.
  "No actually. Never saw or dated anyone after you left. I honestly didn't wanna try again. I don't know if it was out of fear or just the fact I was too busy for a relationship. I thought you were literally going to be my first and last boyfriend and I'd die alone." I mumbled.
  "Not even TK? They never asked you out?" Peter asked.
  "Oh no they did. Once when we were working at the diner. I just... Didn't see them like that. I wanted to just be friends. I was scared that if something were to happen, it'd ruin our friendship. And there is some things about them that I don't like." I explained.
  "Hmm." Peter hummed in response
Silence. Again.
  "Why'd you say yes to me at the park then?" Peter asked.
  "Shit, I don't even know. I was kinda shocked you were asking me. And... I honestly think I kinda recognized you. Or saw you in this so-called stranger. I don't fucking know." I said, laughing.
  "I was expecting you to recognize me right off the bat. But then I did remember it had been 11 years and I kinda drastically changed my style." Peter said.
  "I'm shocked TK recognized you." I said.
  "Meh. They just seem like the type of person that's good at recognizing faces." Peter said with a shrug.
  "Oh that makes sense why they remember our daily's better than me!" I said, bursting into laughter.
Peter laughed as well. After that we kinda just stared at eachother.
  "I knew I recognized those eyes though." I said, smiling.
  "Wait... Is that a good thing or a bad one?" Peter asked.
  "A bit of both." I said.
  "Oh... I'm sorry about the past as well. I truly am. I wasn't... The best at controlling my rage. I mean... I'm still not good at it, but I've gotten a bit better." Peter said.
  "It's ok." I said.
  "Now, what should we do?" Peter asked changing the subject.
  "How bout we just chill for today. Like watching movies or TV shows? Eh?" I asked, slumping down into the couch.
  "Fine by me." Peter said.

(1157 words)