Chapter 55: Late For Work

Peter's POV

As soon as Y/N fell asleep, I slowly and carefully opened the window and slipped into the room. Oh how I've missed her. It's been so long. Too long. I'm just glad she accepted my date. Otherwise I'd have to take a different route and I really didn't feel like doing that. I want to gain her trust again. I NEED to gain it back.
  "Oh Y/N, my darling. You'll be mine again soon." I whispered, crouching down beside the bed.
She was currently facing me. I carefully brushed some of her hair of of her face. Still as beautiful as ever. It was like standing in front of an angel. I let out a soft sigh and leaned my head against the mattress.
  "You're all mine, Y/N. No matter what it takes, we'll be together in the end." I mumbled.
A few moments passed and she finally rolled over. Maybe I should get going? But I wanted to stay with her longer. But the risk of getting caught was high. Y/N was prone to waking up randomly throughout the night. There were a few times I thought I was gonna get caught but luckily didn't. After a few more minutes of thinking, I finally decided to leave. I stood up and leaned over, kissing her gently on the head.
  "Goodbye darling. Sweet dreams~" I said, quietly.
I then slipped out of the window, leaving my beloved to rest.

// Time Skip //

Y/N POV

I slowly opened my eyes. Damn, why does it feel like I got more sleep that usaul? I sat up, yawning. I looked over and noticed my window open, again.
  "For fuck sake, who the hell keeps opening this shit?" I growled, getting up and shutting it.
To bad the shitty lock is broken, other wise I'd just keep it locked all the time. I'm sick of it being opened. Maybe it is Lucy? I know she airs out the apartment when she smokes weed, but why does she need to open my damn window as well? Who fucking knows. I picked up my phone and the time was 9:14am.
  "Holy shit I'm late!" I yelled, panicked.
No no no no! Not again! TK's gonna kill me! I ran into my bathroom and quickly changed, brushed my teeth and hair. I then ran into my room and grabbed my bag and hat. I ran out of my room and grabbed the keys off the counter.
  "Shit shit shit!" I muttered, running out of the room.
I turned a corner and ran right into someone. I looked up and saw Don, my landlord.
  "Oh my gosh, sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" I said, panicked.
  "It's fine kid, but ya need to slow down, ok? Also is Lucy home? I need to chat with her." Don asked.
  "Um... I think so? But I gotta get going! Sorry again!" I said, walking past him and out of the apartment building.
I ran towards work. I could just hear TK now, 'you're late for the 3rd time this week' or 'I can't keep covering for you, Y/N'. I ran into the diner and straight to the back. I set my bag down and grabbed my apron. I was about to clock in when I noticed I was already clocked in.
  "Well well well. Look who's late again. You know I can't keep covering for you Y/N, right?" I heard TK say.
I turned around and saw them standing  there with their arms folded.
  "TK I am so sorry. My alarm didn't get me up. I honestly think the damn thing is broken. But I promise I'll make it up to you, ok? How about lunch together sometime. All on me." I said, trying to reason with them.
  "It's whatever... But let's get to work, damn it. It's busy as hell and I can't do this alone." TK said, walking past me and grabbing a tray of food off one of the counters.
I nodded and walked out, beginning to take orders.

// Time Skip //

It was now 1pm and finally almost everyone left. I walked into the back and sat down, grabbing my water bottle.
  "You missed a table, Y/N." TK said, walking past me with dishes.
  "Ugh... Seriously man? Can't you get it?" I asked.
  "And who covered for your late ass this morning?" TK asked, looking over their shoulder at me.
  "Nevermind, I take that back. I'll return." I said, standing up.
I walked into the dining area and looked around. There was no one here.
  "Hey Y/N." A familiar voice said.
I turned to my left and saw Ryder sitting in one of the booths.
  "Oh thank the heavens." I said, walking over to him.
I sat down across from him and sighed in relief.
  "So how are you?" Ryder asked, smiling shyly.
  "Great... Just great." I mumbled, smirking.
  "Love the sarcasm." Ryder said, chuckling.
  "Why thank you. Now are you here to see me or actually just here for the food?" I asked, sitting up.
  "To see you, clearly." He said.
  "Have you eaten today though?" I asked.
  "Not really. Why do you ask?" He asked me, tilting his head curiously.
  "Cause maybe I can take a break and we can go on a small lunch date, if you'd like? I also need an excuse to get out of this hell." I said.
  "Oh of course. I'd be glad to take you away from here and get lunch." Ryder said, smiling.
  "Ok. Be right back. Just gotta let TK know." I said, standing up and running into the back.
I entered the kitchen.
  "And who was that?" TK asked, still washing dishes.
  "Oh. That's my boyfriend, Ryder." I said.
  "Boyfriend?" TK muttered, confused.

(969 words)