Chapter 39: Secrets Don't Last

Y/N POV

After we all got our boba, we walked around talking.
  "How come they ditched you, Harley?" TK asked.
Harley shrugged.
  "They've been... Off a little. Just you know how relationships are. Faith thinks Jared might be cheating, but Jared is super loyal. So I kinda think Faith is cheating. She's always been that type of girl. Once she gets bored, she'll leave. She did it to me back in elementary. We were good friends for a majority of elementary. Middle school hit and she kinda just... Started to ignore me. Last year we started hanging out again. But kinda on and off." Harley explained.
  "Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that, Harley." I said.
She smiled a little.
  "I saw that you and goth kid are hanging out. At the dance. You 2 a thing?" Harley asked.
I turned red.
  "Yeah." I said.
  "Nice." Harley said.
  "You guys wanna check out Rag-Stock? They have a sale going on. And Y/N, you mentioned something about wanting those combat boots. I bet they'll be on sale." TK said.
  "Oh yes! Let's go!" I said, running ahead.
I heard TK and Harley laugh.
We walked into Rag-Stock and headed towards the area where the combat boots were. After I found them, we decided to look around a bit more.
  "Hey Y/N. Look at this." TK said, holding up a tube top.
It was black and white striped
  "What about it?" I asked, walking over to them.
  "I think you should try it on." They said, handing it to me.
  "What? No way, dude!" I said.
  "Why not?" Harley asked, walking over to us.
  "I am not a tube top person." I said.
  "Bull shit. You used to wear them back in like... 7th or 8th grade." TK said.
  "Oh sure. I owned like one and wore it like 3 times." I said, rolling my eyes jokingly.
  "Come on Y/N. Try it on. I'm not saying you should buy it." TK said.
  "Plus, what if you like it?" Harley asked.
I shrugged and sighed.
  "Fine. I'll try it on." I said.
I headed towards the dressing rooms, which were just a small room with a curtain as the 'door'. I stopped, hesitating.
  "Go on." TK said.
I stuck my tongue out at them before opening the curtain and walking in, shutting it behind me. I sighed, pulling my hoodie and shirt over my head. I then quickly slipped on the tube top. That's when I stopped. As I looked in the mirror, I saw all the marks Peter had given me the night of home-coming. I couldn't let TK or Harley know! And this tube top was showing nearly every mark.
  "Y/N you done in there?" Harley asked.
  "J-just a minute." I stuttered.
Oh fuck fuck fuck! No no! Now they're both gonna know something is up!
  "Oh crap guys... It's too small." I said.
  "Y/N, are you sure?" TK asked.
  "Hehehe... Yeah." I stuttered, laughing nervously.
  "Are you ok, Y/N. You sound nervous. Are you just scared to show us? We won't judge, ya know." Harley said.
I went silent. There was no way of getting out of this.
  "Just show us Y/N." TK said, laughing a little.
  "I-I don't know. This was a mistake." I said.
I heard TK and Harley chuckled.
  "You're just f-" TK said, opening the curtain slightly, stopping as soon as their eyes landed on me.
I looked down. They didn't say a word. They just closed the curtain.
  "Yeah it was a mistake." I heard them say.
  "TK where are you going?" Harley asked.
I heard the 2 walk away. I pulled the tube top off and quickly put my hoodie and shirt on. I quickly checked out the boots I planned on getting and then walked out of the store, looking around for the other 2. I saw Harley on a nearby bench. I walked over to her.
  "Where is TK?" I asked.
  "They told me to tell you to meet them outside of the mall. They seemed really pissed off. I have no clue why." Harley said.
I sighed.
  "Thank you so much for hanging out, Harley. But I'm gonna have to go sort things out with them. I really feel bad for ditching you... After you were already ditched." I explained.
  "It's ok. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. I should probably head home anyway. Cya Y/N." Harley said.
I waved and ran towards the exit. I saw TK sitting on a bench.
  "I can explain." I said, sitting down next to them.
  "Oh there is no fucking need to explain." TK said.
  "Look... I didn't wanna tell you but I didn't wanna hide it... I just didn't know if Peter wanted you guys to know." I explained.
  "So you did fuck him. Let me guess, Home-coming night? You sure like to hide things from your friends. You're kinda acting like your sister, ya know. Who else are you sleeping with?" TK asked.
I felt this rage mixed with guilt hit me.
  "Oh so you're just gonna assume I'm my sister because I had sex one time with one fucking guy! This is why I didn't wanna fucking tell you! Cause now you think I'm a slut! Just like my mom and my sister!" I said, frowning.
I seen TK's face go from rage to guilt.
  "No Y/N... I... I'm just concerned for you. I don't want you going down that path. I didn't mean to put it like that. I'm sorry." They said.
  "Stop being so concerned about what happens to me damn it!" I shouted, standing up.
TK looked down. I felt tears prick into my eyes. I feel bad to yell at them, but they need to stop acting like they're my parent or whatever.
  "I'm sorry." I muttered, turning and walking off towards my car.
TK didn't follow. I got into my car and headed home. I don't know anymore!

(1012 words)