Chapter 44: Phone Call

Y/N POV

Me and Steph sat in her room, looking at places that were hiring.
  "Wanna work at McDonald's?" I asked.
  "Haha fuck no. Do I look like I belong there?" Steph said, frowning.
  "So no fast food?" I asked.
She nodded.
  "How about Walmart?" I asked.
  "Nah. I want something that seems like me." Steph said, lying down.
  "Oh what about that nearby nail salon?" I asked, smiling.
  "Oh yes girl! How much they paying an hour?" Steph asked.
  "$14 an hour, shockingly." I muttered.
  "Mk yeah. I wanna do that." Steph said.
  "Ok. I'll send ya the link and then you can do the application part. I'm going to  my room. I have some homework I gotta do." I explained.
  "Ok. Thanks sis." Steph said.
  "No probs." I said, exiting her room.
I walked down the hall to my room, lying down in my bed. I then remembered I was gonna call TK. I pulled out my phone and dialed their number. It rang for awhile but eventually went to voice-mail. I frowned a little in annoyance. I sighed and stood up, grabbing my bag and opening it. I pulled out some of my work. I sat down and started to do some of my work.

// Time Skip //

After about 2 hours, I finally decided to hit the hay. I got up and laid down on my bed. I took a deep breath. I really didn't feel like changing into PJ'S at the moment, so I'll just stay in my clothes. Just then my phone went off. I picked it up, seeing it was TK.
  "Hello." I said, sitting up.
  "Hey." TK muttered.
  "You feeling ok?" I asked.
  "Mhm... I'm so sorry Y/N. I was an asshole. And you have every right to not forgive me. I've been being very selfish and jealous." TK explained.
  "It's ok TK. We all make mistakes." I said.
  "I'll... Hopefully make it to school tomorrow. I've just had a stupid cold mostly." TK said.
  "Ok. I hope you feel better. I'm glad you called back." I said.
  "Yeah. Sorry for not answering earlier. My phone was dead." TK said.
  "Ah ok." I said, chuckling a little.
TK chuckled a bit as well. We were silent for a minute.
  "Here anything from your mom yet?" TK asked.
  "No. Dad came home early and talked to the police. I'm afraid something happened to her." I said.
  "I'm so sorry to hear that, Y/N. Hopefully she's ok and hopefully the police find her soon." TK said.
  "Same." I muttered.
  "Well, I better get to bed. I'll text you in the morning to let you know if I'll make it to school or not tomorrow." TK explained.
  "Ok. Night TK. It was nice to talk to you." I said, smiling a little.
  "Goodnight Y/N. And same." TK said.
I hung up and laid down once more. I was hoping they'd feel better and make it to school. I sighed. I can't stay mad at TK. They've been my friend forever. And at least they apologized. I yawned a little before grabbing the blankets and pulling them over me. I then slowly drifted off to sleep.

(Sorry for short chapter qwq still coming up with some more plots of how/what's gonna happen.)

(553 words)