Chapter 17: Overprotective

Y/N POV

After leaving the nurses office, me and Opal headed our seperate directions. As I walked down the hall, I was trying to locate Peter.
"I swear, he can find me so easily, but when I try and find his ass, he miraculously doesn't exist. I mean he's the only kid here who dresses so extreme." I mumbled to myself.
I turned a corner and sighed. Maybe he's already in class. I should probably head to class as well then. I was about to turn into my class.
"Y/N." A voice said.
I looked over my shoulder and saw Peter.
"I've been looking everywhere for you." I said, frowning.
"Well you clearly don't look hard enough." He said.
I rolled my eyes.
"You didn't need to step in today." I said.
"Huh?" He said, clearly confused.
"It was my fight." I said.
"Pfft. You would have gotten your ass kicked if it wasn't for me." He said, folding his arms.
"So? Plus, I don't need my friends getting hurt." I said.
"Y/N. You need to stop worrying about what happens to others and focus on yourself a little more. If they choose to stand up for you, they know damn well what they are getting themselves into. I'm not gonna stand back and watch you get yourself killed." Peter said.
"Adrian wouldn't have killed me." I said, frowning.
"I'm not saying that's what he would have done, I'm saying there are some real pychos in the world that don't give 2 shits if they kill someone or not." Peter said.
"Yeah yeah. Got it. But still. You went a little extreme." I said.
Peter rolled his eyes.
"He needs to learn to stop picking on people. Especially you." He said.
"Anyways. I better get to class. Cya at lunch." I said.
He nodded and walked away. I let out a silent sigh. I understand that he was trying to help... But... He did go far... Maybe a little too far... As if he wasn't joking about killing him. He probably was just using his threats to scare Adrian. And it worked. I walked into class and sat down.

// Time Skip //

I walked out of class, but as soon as I stepped out of the room I was yanked towards someone by my hand. It was TK. They pulled me to the side before turning me to face them. Before they spoke, they looked around frantically and then looked back at me.
"TK what is going on?" I asked.
"You need to stop talking and hanging out with Peter. He's not a good person." TK said.
"Huh? What are you walking about?" I asked.
"He has some sort of... Ugh I don't know how to explain it. But he's not right in the head." TK explained.
"TK... I'm starting to just think you are jealous of him. Yes... He went a bit extreme back there, but he was just trying to stand up for me. Like you. And Opal." I said, pulling away from TK.
"I am not jealous of that goth boy! I'm simply trying to help you avoid getting hurt or... Killed." TK said.
"Like he'd kill me. What is up with everyone assuming people are just gonna kill people?" I said, rolling my eyes.
TK sighed before pulling me into a hug.
"I'm sorry Y/N. I need to stop being so... Overprotective." TK said.
I sighed, hugging them back.
"It's fine, TK. Thank you for being there. But... You do realize I can do things on my own. That includes making new friends." I said.
TK nodded.

(606 words)