Chapter 56: New Boyfriend?

Y/N POV

  "Yeah. Boyfriend. As in dating." I mumbled.
I knew damn well TK was gonna be their overprotective self. And now probably 10x more, after last time.
  "Ah. So how long have you known this guy?" TK asked, turning to face me.
  "Oh um... Since yesterday." I stuttered.
  "Yesterday?! And you're dating him already!" TK said, a little too loudly.
  "TK... Please..." I said.
They sighed.
  "Well, can I meet him at the least?" TK asked.
  "Of course! But after my break, ok?" I asked.
  "Ugh fine. You have 1 HOUR. Be back by 2pm or else. Got it?" TK asked.
  "Got it." I said.
I took off my apron and grabbed my bag. I then ran out into the dining room. Ryder seemed to be zoned out.
  "Ready to go Ryder?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.
  "Oh yeah yeah. Sorry about that. Just.... Dazed ya know?" He said, standing up.
I just now realized how tall he was. Damn.
  "No it's fine. I get it. Now, where would ya like to eat? We only got an hour." I said as we headed towards the diner exit.
  "Um... I don't know..." He mumbled.
  "I mean we can just eat at my place since it's closer than any restaurant. I have some leftover pizza." I said.

Peter's POV

Her place? She's gonna let me in? Fuck yeah! Just me and her. All alone. I smirked a little.
  "Sure that sounds great." I said.
  "Ok." Y/N said.
We turned and headed towards her apartment.
  "So, what do you usaully do in your spare time?" Y/N asked.
  "Oh um... Not much. I'm not that interesting, come to think of it." I mumbled.
  "Mk. Well, have any hobbies? You mentioned something about the town flower shop yesterday. Do you work there?" Y/N asked.
  "No. I don't work there. I just like flowers to be honest. I actually work as a product tester for companies or small businesses." I explained.
  "Damn that sounds better than my job." She said, laughing.
I laughed a little too.
  "Heh. If ya say so." I said.
  "And you said you weren't interesting." Y/N said, smirking.
I just rolled my eyes jokingly. Soon we walked into the apartment building and made our way to Y/N's door. She dug around in her bag a bit.
  "Where the hell are my keys? I know I grabbed them." She mumbled.
I looked around the small hall. There was no one else around. I smirked and looked back at Y/N.
  "Ugh for the love. Did I leave them at work again? Fuck. Sorry for taking so long Ryder..." She apologized.
  "No no. It's fine." I said.

Y/N POV

If I left them at work I'm gonna fucking die. Just then I felt hands on my waist. I turned bright red and froze.
  "Hey, just because I invited you to my apartment on our 2nd date doesn't mean we're gonna do something extreme." I explained, looking over at him.
Ryder just smiled and pulled me into his arms, leaning his head on my shoulder.
  "I know but... You're just too irresistible darling~" He purred.
The word darling sent a chill down my spine. This dark aurora seemed to fill the area. I was instantly reminded of Peter and started to feel uncomfortable with this.
  "Hey none of that shit in the hall." A deep voice growled.
I immediately pushed Ryder away and turned to face the voice, which happened to be Don. I felt a wave of relief hit me. I mean I was now embarrassed as fuck, but at least I'm out of that situation.
  "S-sorry Don." I stuttered.
Don's eyes landed on Ryder. He gave Ryder a death glare.
  "And who is this?" Don asked, folding his arms.
  "Don, meet Ryder. My boyfriend." I said.
  "I see. Now Y/N, I talked to Lucy about the rent. You can't keep taking triple shifts just because Lucy can't pay her half." Don said, looking over at me.
  "Don, I know. She's really trying. I'm ok with paying her half..." I started to explain before being cut off.
  "No, Y/N. You can't exhaust yourself just because you feel bad. She's a grown woman and she's taking advantage of you so she can sleep around and party. Now, I advise you start looking for a new roommate." Don said.
  "Don you can't just kick her out! Lucy... Has her reasons..." I muttered.
  "Your hesitance says otherwise. Now, I have shit to do. And you, Ryder, no more of that shit in my building. Got it?" Don said, looking over at Ryder.
Ryder rolled his eyes, but nodded. Don then walked away. I sighed and looked down in my bag, digging for my keys once more. I eventually remembered I put them in my pocket. That was embarrassing. We entered the room and I turned to shut the door.
  "Sorry about that." I mumbled, looking over at Ryder.
  "No it's fine. But... Why are you letting that whore use you?" Ryder asked.
  "Lucy? She's not using me... I think." I said, turning to face Ryder.
  "Well your landlord had multiple points. If I were you, I'd kick her ass out and look for someone better." Ryder explained.
  "Ryder... She's my friend. I could never do that too her. You wouldn't understand." I said.
  "Y/N. You're too soft. You need to start standing up for yourself." Ryder said.
More memories of Peter flashed through my head. I could feel my heart racing. I don't know if I was scared or confused.
  "I-I... I think I'll go grab us something to drink." I muttered, about to walk away.
Ryder placed both his hands on the door, cornering me. Now I was scared. No doubt about it.
  "Ryder?" I whispered.
  "Y/N, darling." He said.
  "Please... Don't use that word with me..." I said, looking down.
  "Oh sorry. I didn't mean to... Make you uncomfortable." Ryder said, stepping away.
  "It's fine." I said, walking over to the kitchen.
I grabbed the handle of the fridge and opened it.
  "Ugh... What would you like to drink?" I asked.
  "Water's fine." Ryder said.
I looked over at him. He was looking down, rubbing his arm anxiously. I grabbed the water pitcher and set it on the counter.
  "You ok?" I asked, shutting the fridge and grabbing 2 cups from the cabinets.
  "Yeah yeah. I'm good." He said, looking up.
  "Mk..." I mumbled.
I grabbed the pitcher and poured water into both our glasses. I then walked over and handed the glass to Ryder.
  "Thanks." He said.
  "Yeah no problem. And sorry about earlier. I just... Freaked out a bit. It's been awhile since I've been in a relationship and I'm just trying to get used to this. I know you don't mean any harm." I explained.
  "It's fine. I'm just a little worried about you and your situation with your roommate, I guess." Ryder said.
  "Hey, don't worry about it." I said, chuckling a little.
Just then the apartment door opened.
  "Fucking landlord." Lucy growled.
She turned to face us and immediately went wide eyed.
  "Hey Lucy." I said.
  "I didn't know you were gonna be having a guy over. Also don't you work today?" Lucy asked.
  "Yeah. But... Me and my boyfriend had decided have kind of a lunch date." I muttered.
  "Boyfriend? Oh I see. Nothing like 'eating out', am I right? Anyways, I'll leave you 2 be. There's condoms in my nightstand if ya need any." Lucy said, smirking.
  "Lucy what the hell no!" I yelled, turning bright red.
Lucy chuckled.
  "Take it easy with Y/N now, tall guy. If she's too tight, there's some lube under my bed. I'll cya guys later." Lucy said, opening the door.
  "Out! Now!" I shouted.
Lucy burst into laughter before walking out the door and shutting it.
  "Oh my gosh... I'm so fucking sorry. She's a bit... Interesting." I said, turning to face Ryder.
He was bright red as well.
  "It's fine... How bout we forget that happened and eat?" Ryder asked.
  "Agreed." I said.

(1362 words)