Chapter 30: Murder At Homecoming

Y/N POV

We had talked a bit more. Peter had just went out for a smoke break.
"Ooo! You and Peter need to dance!" Opal said out of nowhere.
I spit out my drink and looked at her.
"Opal no! You know I can't dance and that I hate being center of attention." I said, panicked.
"Oh come on! You can't even lie about the dancing part. I've seen you dance before. I have the perfect song too! You guy's would be so cute on the dance floor together!" Opal said, smirking
"Opal..." TK muttered.
"Oh admit it TK." Opal said, punching them in the shoulder jokingly.
"Opal please don't make me..." I begged.
"Too late. As soon as Peter get's his ass back in here, yall are getting on the dance floor and dancing." Opal said.
I placed my head on the table. I'm fucked. Peter's gonna be upset too.
"He won't wanna." I muttered.
"TK can make him." Opal said.
"Love how you bring me into this." TK mumbled.
"This is gonna be great." Opal said.
After a while, Peter walked in. Opal smirked at him.
"What?" He asked.
"Y/N want's to dance with you." Opal said.
"What!? N-no! This was your idea." I said.
"I'm down for that." Peter muttered.
"Huh? Seriously?" I asked, looking up at him.
He nodded and held out a hand for me. I blushed and smile, nervously. I grabbed his hand and stood up. Opal ran over to the DJ. Me and Peter walked onto the dance floor. I could feel myself heating up in embarrassment.
"I-I'm not a professional dancer... Just wanted to warn ya." I stuttered, placing my arms around his neck.
"Me neither." He said, placing his hands on my waist.
He chuckled a little and so did I. Just as we started dancing, the song Opal picked out starting playing. I instantly recognized it. It was 'Stolen Dance' by 'Milky chance'. I think Peter could tell how nervous I was.
"No need to be so embarrassed, darling." He said, smiling.
I smiled back.
"I know..." I said.
I leaned my head on his shoulder. I looked around. Not many of the kids were actually paying attention, so that kinda helped. And we werent the only ones on the dance floor too. I took in a deep breath to calm myself down. We continued to dance until the song was over. We walked back to the table. Opal had the biggest smile.
"You're a good dancer." Peter said.
"Thanks. You were good too." I said.
"You guys were so good!" Opal said.
"Thanks, Opal." I said.
"You did great, Y/N." TK said.
I smiled.
"I'm gonna run outside and take a quick moment to myself. I'll be back." I said.
"Ok. We'll be here when you get back." Opal said.
I ran over to the cafeteria exit and stepped outside. The air was cold. But it felt nice. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes only to be met with something I never expected. I screamed and backed up towards the door. Right there in front of me was Adrian, hung by a post, dead.
"Wh-what the... Holy shit! I-I gotta get help!" I yelled, turning running back into the school.
I ran over to the first staff member I saw, which happened to be the principal.
"Principal Mike! I-I... Outside! Adrian... He... He..." I stuttered, shaking from fear.
"What is it, Y/N? What happened with Adrian?" Principal Mike asked.
"He's dead! Outside the cafeteria exit! Hung by a post!" I shouted.
The whole room seemed to grow quiet. Everyone looked in our direction. Peter, Opal, and TK ran over to me.
"What!?" Principal Mike said, shocked.
"I... I d-don't know. I walked outside for some fresh air and saw him... D-dead...." I muttered.
My head began to spin.
"I think I'm gonna pass out." I said.
TK and Peter grabbed my arms and helped me stay standing.
"Someone call the police!" Principal Mike said.
Opal pulled out her phone, dialing 911. Principal Mike and a few other staff members walked over to the cafeteria exit. Opal stepped aside, talking to the police. I felt my stomach turn. I leaned over and hugged Peter.
"It's gonna be ok, Y/N." TK said.
I couldn't speak. I wasn't able to process what I just witnessed. After about 10 minutes, the police arrived. They talked to me a little bit, asking how I found his body and if I knew why/how this happened. In the end, the only thing that they could figure out was that it was suicide. Homecoming was cancelled, so me, Opal, TK, And Peter, left the school and headed home.

(If you haven't checked out my other story, Peter/YB X Female Reader //Partners In Crime// please take a look? Also, if you aren't following me already, please consider following? Thx! And be sure to check out useyourimagination13 book and follow them!)

(845 words)