Chapter 23: Workaholic

Y/N POV

The rest of the school day went by fast, honestly. As I walked to my locker to grab my stuff, I planned on trying to finish the essay tonight. I got to my locker and opened it, grabbing my bag and coat. I shut it.
  "Hey nerd." A voice said.
I turned my head to see Adrian, standing there.
  "What?" I growled, really not in the mood to fuck around.
  "You're gonna fucking pay for what your little pet did to me." He said, walking up to me.
I sighed in frustration.
  "Look, I'm not in the mood to fuck around and fight. And if you wanna end up in another scenario with Peter, you can go ahead and fucking try to pick a fight. But... Do you really feel like losing more teeth?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip and pointing at him.
  "You think goth boy's gonna save your ass again?" Adrian asked, lowering his face to mine.
  "Most likely." I muttered.
  "Adrian." TK said.
Adrian looked over and so did I. TK stood there with their arms crossed.
  "Fine, nerd. I'll let you get away with what happened." He said, pushing past me.
I sighed, again. TK walked over to me.
  "Why does everyone hate me?" I asked.
TK shrugged.
  "I don't hate you. Nor does Opal and goth boy." TK said.
I chuckled.
  "Speaking of Opal, where is she?" I asked.
  "She's going to her mom's tonight. So she had to leave early. Where's Peter?" TK asked.
I shrugged.
  "How come?" I asked.
  "I feel like apologizing. Maybe I should get on good terms with your new boyfriend." TK said.
I chuckled a little.
  "He's probably out by the football fields, smoking or some shit." I said.
  "Well, let's go then." TK said.
I nodded and we headed outside. It was kinda gloomy out. But no longer raining and thundering. We walked to the football field and saw Peter. And I was right. He was indeed smoking.
  "Hey Peter." TK said.
Peter looked over and raised a brow.
  "I wanted to apologize for earlier. I was being a dick.... And I'm sorry for that." TK said.
  "Whatever." Peter muttered.
  "Peter..." I mumbled.
He looked at me and sighed.
  "Fine. Apology accepted, dweeb." Peter said.
I looked over and smiled nervously at TK.
  "You guys wanna get coffee? I'll pay." TK said.
  "Oh sure. But, you don't havs to pay, ya know." I said.
  "I know. But I feel like I should." TK said.
  "Ok. I'm down. Peter?" I said, looking over at him.
  "Sure." He said.
TK nodded and we headed towards the coffee shop. Peter and TK slightly talk to eachother on the walk. But it was mostly me doing the talking. We got to the coffee shop and went in, ordering. We sat down and talked a little bit. I had pulled out my laptop to try and write a bit more. Peter actually helped as well.
  "Y/N, you know thursday is the due date. You don't need to be so rushed." Peter said.
  "I know I know. But I wanna get it done early." I said.
  "You and your needing to be done a day before things." TK said.
  "Silence. I must focus." I said, jokingly.
  "You should actually sit and visit, verses working." Peter said.
  "I am multitasking." I said.
Peter grabbed my laptop from me and slid it over to TK, who saved what I had and shut my laptop. I frowned.
  "Jerks." I muttered, folding my arms and slouching in my chair.
  "There there, child. You'll get it back." TK said, smirking.
I flicked them off.
  "Y/N. So rude." TK said, dramatically.
  "I ams nots means." I said.
  "But you are 5." Peter said, placing a hand on my head.
  "I know." I said, smirking.
  "Well, I think I should head home. I have homework to get done." TK sighed.
  "Ok. I'll cya later, TK. Thanks for coffee by the way!" I said, sitting up.
TK stood up and smiled.
  "No problem." TK said, sliding over my laptop.
  "Bye bye." I said.
  "Cya." They said, walking out of the coffee shop.
  "I suppose we should head home as well." I said, looking over at Peter.
I grabbed my laptop and put it back in my bag.
  "Yeah. My house or yours?" He asked.
  "Hmm... Yours?" I said.
He nodded. We exited the coffee shop and walked to his house. Once we got there and walked into his room, I pulled out my laptop and began to write more. Peter crossed out notes and read them for me. He also read more of the chapter too, finding extra little things. This went on for at least 2 hours. Sarah had came in and helped a little. But then she left after awhile, only because Peter yelled at her.
  "You is so mean." I said.
  "She is so irritating." Peter mumbled.
  "I'd take her over my sister any day." I said.
Peter just rolled his eyes. I elbowed him and continued to type.
  "You're mean." He muttered.
  "Pfft! You haven't even seen me when I'm mean. Well... Maybe that's not true. I kinda blew up at TK today." I said.
  "True. Wanna finish this tomorrow?" He asked.
  "How come?" I asked.
  "Not everyone here is a workaholic." He said.
  "Oh... Right. And sure." I said, saving my work and shutting my laptop.
He laid down on his bed with a sigh.
  "You drama queen." I said, putting my laptop in my bag.
  "Shut it, nerd." He said.
I flopped on top of him. He let out a groan. I chuckled.
  "I'm not that heavy, mister." I said.
  "I never said you were heavy." He said.
  "Mhm." I muttered.
We kinda just stared at eachother for a moment.
  "I have a question." I said.
  "And I have the answer." He said.
  "Can I do your hair?" I asked.
He turned red.
  "What? Why?" He said.
  "Because I'm bored and your hair looks like it could be properly styled." I said.
  "Oh. Sure I guess." He said, sitting up.
  "Yay!" I said.
After afer minutes of randomly styling his long, black hair, I looked over at the time. It was around 10:22pm. I sighed, know I should go home.
  "Would you mind walking me home?" I asked, leaning my head on his shoulder.
  "No. I can walk you home." He said.
  "Ok. Thanks." I said, hugging him.
  "No problem, nerd." He said.

(Remember to check out useyourimagination13 book! And follow them!)

(1097 words)