Chapter 50: Forgetful

Y/N POV

I woke up to my alarm clock. I growled and rolled over, shutting it off since I wasn't going to school anyways. I laid, staring at the ceiling for a moment. That was until I remembered Peter was here. I sat up and looked over at him.
  "Peter! Wake up." I said.
  "Why...?" He mumbled, burying his face into my pillows.
  "Cause you gotta get to school. I don't want you getting in trouble." I explained.
  "Fuck school. Plus, it's not the first time I've skipped anyways. I'd rather make sure you're ok." He said, looking over at me.
I smiled, feeling myself blush. But I can't have him get in trouble by his mom because of me.
  "Nope dude. Your mom's gonna be pissed if you don't go." I said.
  "Oh yeah. Sure. As if she gives 2 fucks what happens to me. She's probably glad my ass ain't home." Peter explained, sitting up a little.
I felt bad but just sighed.
  "Fine. You can stay I guess." I said.
  "Good. Now, it's 6:30am. I wanna sleep a little longer." Peter said.
I only can agree with him. I was tired as fuck. He grabbed me and pulled me onto his chest. He kissed me a few times on the cheeks.
  "Peter... Come on." I said, feeling the heat radiating off my cheeks.
He chuckled a little.
  "I love you." He muttered.
  "I love you too." I said.
And after a few moments, we were sleeping again.

// Time Skip //

I woke up once again. This time it was to a knocking on my door.
  "Yeah?" I said, sitting up.
My dad opened the door.
  "I'm running to the store, quickly. I made pancakes for you 2. But I'd hurry up and get out there before Steph eats them all." My dad explained.
I gave him a thumbs up, yawning.
  "Same rules applies while I'm gone, Y/N." He said.
  "Yeah yeah. Of course. Cya when you get home, dad." I said.
He just muttered something under his breath before closing the door. I looked over at my alarm clock. It was 9:13am now. I got up, stretching. Just then I felt arms wrap around my waist and a head lean on my back.
  "Morning sleepy head." I said, smiling.
  "Hmm..." He hummed.
  "It's 9 now. Let's eat. My dad had to make a run to the store by the way." I explained.
  "Kk..." Peter said, standing up and stretching.
He yawned, his inhuman tongue sliding out of his mouth as he did. It was so strange. Sharp teeth and a long ass tongue. Who knows. I just chuckled.
  "You look like a cat." I said.
  "How so?" Peter said.
  "I don't know. The way you yawn and stick out your tongue." I said.
He just gave me a confused look. I shrugged.
  "Anyways, wanna go eat pancakes?" I asked.
He nodded. We both walked out into the kitchen. I grabbed 2 plates from the cabinets.
  "Shit." I heard Peter growl from behind me.
  "What's wrong?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at him.
  "I forgot my phone at home. Do you care if after breakfast we run to my house?" He asked.
I shook my head.
  "Sure. Why not." I said, putting a few pancakes on both of our plates.
I then grabbed some butter, a bottle of syrup, and silverware. I walked over to the table, setting down the plates. I ran back over to the counter and grabbed the other items quickly.

// Time Skip //

We had finished eating. While I got ready, Peter had decided to clean up the kitchen and do the dishes. I walked out of my room and just chuckled to myself.
  "You didn't have to do all that. Steph could have." I explained.
  "Yeah, but might as well have it make up for last night. Your father didn't seem too happy about me waking him up." Peter explained, putting the last of the dishes away.
I just sighed, nodding a little.
  "Well, you have a point. I thought I was a dead man to be honest." I said.
  "You thought you were a dead man? Your dad had a damn baseball bat. And I highly doubt he didn't have it just for looks." Peter said.
I laughed a little. Peter just smirked. We walked over to the front door, putting our shoes on. Peter had changed before me, since he didn't take 8 years in the bathroom like I did. We then headed to his house. I had pulled out my phone and texted my dad that I'd be at his house for a bit. As we walked, I had brought up the incident with my mother.
  "It's not the first time she's disappeared like that, so I thought it was normal. Turns out she was brutally murdered..." I explained, trying not to cry once again.
  "It's not your fault, Y/N. Things like that happen." Peter said.
  "I know... But I feel like a jerk, since the last time I saw her we had argued." I said.
  "Maybe it's for the best? She treated you like shit, Y/N. You don't deserve that." Peter said.
I just nodded. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through Facebook. Just then I scrolled past something concerning. It involved Zain.
  "Oh my gosh. Zain went missing." I said, showing the phone to Peter.
  "What the hell?" Peter muttered, taking the phone from me.
He quickly read over the post before handing it back over.
  "He's been missing since yesterday, after school? But I swear I saw him by the football fields after I left." Peter said.
  "Weird. Maybe an abduction?" I muttered.
  "Who knows." Peter said, shrugging.
I just swiped out of Facebook for now. I can't take anymore of the suicides, murders, and now missing people. Something doesn't feel right about all this at all.

(989 words)