Chapter Twelve

"Be on your best behavior and remember you may be mates with two Kings but you will always be a slave. Don't step out of line and don't forget your slave training. They are your Masters." Walter finally finishes his 'pep talk' as he called it. I didn't realize it would have lasted from Leyla's room all the way outside. If my headache wasn't bad before it is now.

"I trust you will make the right decision," Watler tells me. Right decision? Is he talking about showing more interest in the Vampire? I don't care how badly he punishes me that will never happen. We walk down the stairs from the castle I look up and notice Sawyer and Dante talking to another man.

He must be the other counsel man that will be joining us. When we finally reach the bottom of the steps I rest my hand on the large cement railing. I bow my head and close my eyes. I try my best to catch my breath but I'm finding out I'm having a harder time. It seems to be worse now than it was earlier and it also doesn't help that my headache is turning into a migraine.

I feel arms wrap around my waist and the person pulling me away from the railing. "Amber lean on me I have you," Sawyer tells me. I listen to him and put all of my weight into him. "What's wrong? Yesterday you were fine and now today... you don't look very good" he tells me.I stay silent and try to catch my breath. "Walter" Sawyer calls. "Yes, your majesty" I hear Walter. Since my eyes are closed I'm not sure where everyone is and at this moment I don't care. I'm in Sawyer's arms and I don't want to leave.

This is what I've been needing all day. For him to hold me. "Amber is clearly not feeling well. We should move this to a day when she is feeling better" Sawyer tells him as he rubs my hair."Oh no, Sir. She's fine just wanting some attention is all. We better start the date before it gets too late. The chefs are already making supper" Walter tells the King. I ignore his wanting attention comment. He just wants me to look bad in front of everyone.

"I don't think this is for attention" I hear Sawyer say under his breath. "Amber, are you feeling well enough to go on with this?" Sawyer asks. I can hear the worry in his voice clear as daylight. "She's fine. I don't get all day to be doing this let's go" I hear the Vampire King in the back.I raise my head and step away from Sawyer. I didn't want to leave his arms but I must show them no weakness. Not even to Sawyer. I don't want him to regret wanting me. "Amber, once you can no longer go on let us know right away," Sawyer tells me.

He takes my hand and walks towards the entrance of the garden. The Vampire King walks to my right side and the two counsel men walk behind us. " We need to get a clear image about how open and comfortable she is with either of you. Please Pretend we are not here and act freely." the new counsel man tells us.

"Perfect. So Amber how was your reward?" Sawyer asks. "She will be receiving it tomorrow since it's her day off" Walter explains. "Hmm sounds nice. Does she know what it is?" Sawyer asks."Not yet sir. It's a surprise" the other counsel says. "Well, Amber I would love to know what that reward is the next time we see each other" Sawyer tells me then kisses the side of my head. A blush covers my cheeks. He's amazing. My mind has been off the pain I've been feeling.I feel so free when I'm with him. A couple of minutes with awkward yet comfortable silence went by. "King Dante is there anything you'd like to talk about?" the second counsel asks. "No. I like it quite" he tells us.

Sawyer chuckles "I don't know how. When there's silence I feel like I must talk," he says while squeezing my hand. The Vampire King lightly chuckles "that is because you are an immature King." He tells Sawyer while sending him a glare. "Okay before this turns into a fight we have a list of questions for you to answer and help not only each other get to know one another better but for us to know who will work better. This is for King Dante and Miss. Amber to answer. The castle is under attack. King Dante what will you do to help Miss. Amber?" the second much better and more reasonable councilman asks.

"What type of question is that? I'll have her learn basic combat skills. I don't want to tire my worriers training her and take time from them. I'll have a guard posted around her but if there's an attack my first priority is the higher ranks in the castle. I'll have a guard take care of her" he explains. Wow, so I'm not going to be a high rank even though I'm mated to a KING?"Okay... King Sawyer same question." The second counsel man says. "If I'm away or doing business Amber will have at least two guards with her at all times if not more. If there's an attack my guards make sure my mate is with the women, children, and elderly in the safe room. She'll be in there with as many guards as I could spare" Sawyer explains. My heart swells just stop this whole contest for who I should be with and just announce Sawyer and me.

"Interesting. Okay here's another..." before he could go on my legs loose feeling and I fall but before I hit the ground Sawyer caught me. Dante didn't even try. "Weak" I hear him mumble. "We find a bench or something? Amber needs to rest" Sawyer asks as he holds me bridal style. "Follow me," the counsel tells Sawyer and leads the way to a bench. Now that I don't have to walk and I can catch my breath I look at my surroundings.

The path is a light gray smooth stone in different shapes and sizes and in between the stones is moss which really makes the stone stand out. On the right side, there are trees that have grown beautiful purple flowers. They look familiar... what are they. I get mesmerized by the purple flowers that stick out from the green until it finally dawns on me. That's Lilac. We had to study and memorize the most common flowers our masters would have. We learn how to take care of them and cut them in case we were ever instructed to. Lilac was the most popular and I can see why.

On the left side of the path are tall bushes and trees. I understand why they did that. Don't want to have too many Lilacs overpowering they have a strong scent. "Here we are" the counsel man says as we come up to a stone bench. Sawyer walks up to the bench and sits me down. "Are you good to continue with the questions?" he asks. I nod my head. "Perfect. Kings would you like to sit as well?" he asks the Kings. "I'm good," the Vampire King says but Sawyer takes a seat next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"King Sawyer what would be Miss. Amber's job?" Walter asks. "Her job will be what every Luna's job is. She will be the mother to the pack. Help the women when they need help or help if she chooses to. She'll play with the pup and help organize events. When she has our pups her only job and duty will be to raise them and teach them how to be rulers." Sawyer says. Oh, how sweet. King Dante scuffs. "What about you King Dante?" Walter asks.

"She was born and raised to be a slave so that will be her job. She will be replacing my personal slave's job. Her only job besides raising our young is to get me food and drinks, clean my bedroom and bathroom, get the meeting rooms set up and help me around my office along with other off jobs I'll be assigning her to when I feel she doesn't have enough to do. She won't have any special treatment or have fancy clothing. She'll eat what the other slaves eat but she will eat two times a day. I'm not going to treat her like my Queen just because she's my mate" he explains. Sawyer pulls me close to him after the Vampire King is done explaining what my job for him will be.

The men asked a few more questions after that. When they were satisfied with the questions and answers they wanted to start heading back to the mansion informing us that supper is about done. Sawyer stands up and holds his hand out for me. I take it and slowly stand up. Mt vision gets really cloudy and my head starts to pound. Once I'm standing fully Sawyer asks if I'm okay. I tell him, yes and we begin to walk. After walking a bit my vision goes black and I feel myself falling then everything is silent.