Chapter Eleven

I didn't sleep much last night. Every time I closed my eyes I saw myself and Sawyer. Every time I'd fall back asleep the dream was a different scenario. But it always started the same e were together laughing and deeply in love but by the end of the dream I would be taken away from him. In some of them, I would find my way back to him but he already moved on. I would wake up with tears rolling down my cheeks. I last count of how many of those dreams I had but around 4 this morning I decided to stay up.

I close my eyes hoping maybe this time I'll get some sleep but the universe has another idea for me. My door bursts open and I hear a squealing Leyla walk in. "Get up girl I have some amazing news!" She tells me.

I open my eyes and look over to find a smile on Leyla but when she looks at me her smile goes away. "Amber are you okay?" She asks. Before I could nod Walter walks in. "Did you tell her yet?" He asks. "No Sir. I" before she could continue Walter sends Leyla a glare then looks at me.

"Apparently the council has changed the rules a bit since it's a 'new time' He air quotes. "I was outnumbered by those bastards. Today you'll be seeing both King Dante and King Sawyer. The council wants to see which King you fit better with" Walter tells me then leaves my room and shuts the door. Leyla rolls her eyes and comes over to me.

"Let me explain it better. The council came to an agreement that you should have some say in who you want to be with. Today Walter and another counsel man will be going with you to observe you and the two Kings to see if you bond better with. Whoever you bond better with will give them a better idea of who you'll benefit more. I guess in their eyes whoever you feel better around will give that King more benefits. That part I don't understand but we sadly have no control over it." Leyla tells me.

She gets off the bed and smiles at me softly. "Come on girl. Let's get you ready for this date" she tells me. I pull the covers off my body and get out of bed.

"I want to find something that matches both of their aesthetics. For the Vampire King dark and gloomy while for the Werewolf King bright and cheerful. Take a seat as I find something" Leyla tells me as we walk into my closet. I walk over to the makeup desk and sit on the stool. I can hear Leyla talking to herself out loud about how she's pissed that Walter and the council didn't give her enough time to think over an outfit. That it'll be so much easier when she can make my outfits instead of trying to put pieces together and so on.

After what felt like so long Leyla walks over to me with clothes on her arm and a pair of black knee-high heel boots in the other hand. "This is the best I could find. I'm sorry this isn't my best work" Leyla tells me. I stand up and strip my sleepwear. On the desk, Leyla lays out black panties and a bra for me. I stip out of my underwear from last night as well and slip the new ones on.

"Every time I see you, you are always clean-shaven. I have no clue how you can keep on that and not miss a spot. I'm always missing something or going a few weeks without shaving" Leyla tells me as she throws my dirty clothes into the dirty hamper. I blush as I clamp my bra. "Here's the outfit for today," she tells me.

I grab the black skirt and pull it up my legs. Why must I always be wearing dresses and skirts? Can't I wear shorts or pants once in a while? And I'm so sick of heels. I miss wearing sneakers. I went from wearing hoodies and sweatpants every day to dresses and heels. I don't understand how girls like this stuff.

I grab the light blue turtle neck long sleeve and put that on. After I'm dressed I sit down on the stool and let Leyla do my makeup. "Today I'm going to do a gray smokey eye with light eyeliner and that's it. For your hair, I'm going to add some waves to it and put it in a ponytail. That should look good with this outfit" Leyla says to herself out loud. I close my eyes and let her get to work.