Chapter Eighteen

'BANG' I shot up in fright. What the hell was that. "Oh good your up," the lady from yesterday says. "Today you'll start your chores. The head of the maids will instruct you on what your jobs are. A guard will be following you every day during chores for as long as they need to so don't get any ideas." She tells me.

"It's time to get you ready. You have 5 minutes to take a shower and you have 5 minutes to get ready in uniform. Let's go" she tells me.

A guard walks into my room and unchains my leg I stand up and stretch. "Come on slave we don't have much time," the guard tells me as he puts a chain on my arm. The lady walks out and the guard follows her which includes me. "It'll be like this every day until we can trust you," she tells me. We walk down some creepy halls.

You can tell this is an old castle. The bricks that cover the walls are cracking and some have pieces missing. The only light is from the torches that line the wall.

"This is the bathroom. There's a cubby with your name on it. That's where you'll find your uniform. Once you are done find the head maid in her office. There's a sign on the door you won't be able to miss it. Make sure you are on time otherwise you'll be punished." She tells me.

"Oh and one more thing. Do not let anyone know you are the King's mate. No one is supposed to know" she tells me then walks off.

The guard opens the bathroom door "I'll be right here. If you aren't out here within 15 minutes I will go in there and drag you out myself" he tells me. I nod my head and walk into the bathroom while closing the door. I notice other females in here rushing around to get ready. A few stop and stare at me while others look at me as they are moving around to do what they need to get done. "Come on girls hurry up" a female yells.

I look over to see where the yelling is to find an older female standing outside a door. She looks at me "you new girl hurry up and get ready when you are finished come to my office" she tells me. Before she walks back into what I'm assuming is her office and shuts the door.

I walk over to a dirty hamper so this is where I'll lose this outfit that Leyla dressed me in. I take the clothes off but keep the necklace. Leyla said the necklace isn't anything special but this might be the only thing I'll ever have to remember her by. I don't know if I'll ever see her again so I'd like to keep something to remember her.

After I undress I walk over to an open shower. I notice there's a damp towel already in there. I walk out and walk into every shower noticing damp towels in everyone some were soaking wet. I walk back to the shower I first was in and put the shower head on and let the freezing waterfall over me. I quickly wash my hair and body. While I was doing my last rinse of the shower turned off. So these showers are on a timer.

I grab the towel I dry my hair and then my body. After I wrap it around myself and walk out of the shower. "What are you doing?" a girl asks. I stop walking and turn around to find a redhead girl with green eyes and pale skin looking at me. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "You are wearing a towel. Those towles must remain in the shower for the next person to use" she tells me. I nod my head and walk back into the shower and put the towel back.

I exit the shower and shiver from the cool breeze. I walk over to my cubby and open it. I grab my uniform which consists of a black long sleeve dress that looks like it would reach my mid-calf. The dress has long sleeves with white cuffs and a white turtle neck. The white apron that goes over the dress has large ruffle sleeves that only cover my shoulders.

It stops a couple of inches above the dress. The footwear is black tied-up boots that seem to go above the dress. I get dressed as quickly as possible. I take my necklace off and slip it into the pocket I'll have to hide this so no one notices I have it. I also notice a brush in my cubby. I grab and brush my damp hair. Don't want my hair to dry with knots that would be bad. "New girl" I hear the lady from before yell.