Chapter Thirty-Six

Sawyer and I walk hand in hand as we walk through the yard and towards the bushes that guard the hidden garden. Neither of us spoke a word on our walk. The closer we get to the bushes the more nervous I get. Once we walk through those bushes I'll be his and there's no changing that. I hope Sawyer doesn't regret this or back out. I'm ready to be his mate and turn so I can help him rule his kingdom and birth his children.

A smile crosses my face at the thought of being with this man for the rest of our lives and having his children. Watching them grow up into incredible people. Sawyer stops walking which shakes me out of my daydream. Sawyer turns towards me and grabs both of my hands.

"Baby I want to make this perfectly clear I want you. No, I need you. I need to be by your side for the rest of my life. I want to love you every single day and I want to have as many children with you as you'd give me. But I want to make sure this is what you want. As soon as we walk through those bushes there is no turning back" he tells me.

I look deep into his eyes and all I see is love and need. I smile at him "Sawyer I am yours. You own every part of me. My body, my heart, and my soul" I tell him. Sawyer lets out a breath as if he was holding it in. He smiles at me "that's all I needed to hear baby girl" he tells me. Sawyer lets go of my one hand and lead me to the bushes. After making sure no one was around the bushes opened allowing Sawyer and I to pass through.

When we cross to the other side the bushes close. I close my eyes and let the familiar sounds and smell of the garden wash over me. I missed this paradise. "You okay?" Sawyer asks me I open my eyes and look at him "yeah sorry. I just missed this place" I explain. "After tonight you'll be able to come here without needing me," he tells me.

Sawyer leads me towards the gazebo. The beauty of the flowers growing up and around the structure will always amaze me. Inside the gazebo, there's a blanket laid out with a picnic basket, two glasses, and red wine on ice. Sawyer has me sit down on a puffy pillow facing the lake. He sits next to me and opens the basket pulling out two plates and silverware. "Let's see what we have in here," Sawyer tells me. He pulls out a glass tupperware "this must be the sweet potato and rosemary" Sawyer says as he sets it down. He reaches back into the basket. "Cucumber and Cream Cheese Pinwheels," Sawyer says with a bright smile on his face as he sets it next to the potatoes. "And lastly chicken mozzarella paninis oh there's also some pitless cherries." "Looks like the cooks cooked my favorites. Babe do you have any favorite food that I should know of? Next time I'll want to have some of your favorites" Sawyer tells me.

I shrug my shoulders "I don't know if I have any." I tell him. Sawyer nods his head "well we'll have to change that" he tells me. Sawyer grabs a plate and puts one of everything on it then sets it down in front of me. "Let me know your thoughts," Sawyer tells me as he takes a bit out of the pinwheel. I grab the paninis since that looks the best out of everything here. I take a bit and a moan passes through my lips. It's so warm still and the chicken with the mozzarella goes so well with one another.

"You better stop moaning. You're making me jealous of your food for making you feel good" I hear Sawyer I chuckle after I swallow my food. For the rest of our picnic, we made small talk getting to know each other some more. When we finished eating and Sawyer put everything back into the basket he stands up and holds out his hand for me to take. I grab it and stand up myself. "Let's go for a walk and let our stomachs settle," he tells me. Excitement floods through my body. I'll be seeing more of this beautiful garden. We walk away from the gazebo and onto a boardwalk.

One side is a beautiful forest full of birds singing and deer running chasing after each other. While on the other side is the lake. One step off the boardwalk and you're in the lake. "A witch put a charm on this land. Only royal blood, the mates to a royal, and few trusted guards and maids are welcomed in. If a wolf that isn't any of those walks through those pushes all they'll find a forest." Sawyer explains to me.