Chapter Twenty Three

"That's the room they are in. When we pass try to be as quiet as possible but also slow so your mate can get your scent" Vanessa tells me. I nod my head. Darren went ahead of us to make sure we are safe to go. He nods in our direction and we follow him.

When we start walking in front of a large double door Vanessa slows down. This must be the room they are in. Before we get to the middle of the door we hear a loud growl in the room. "Run," Darren tells us. Vanessa and I pick up the front of our dresses and we run to the ballroom which isn't that far from the room the men are having their meeting in.

A guard opens the door and we rush in. Thankfully the music is already playing and the guards are already dancing. It's actually a funny site. "Darren and Amber get in the middle of everyone and start dancing," Vanessa tells us in a rush voice.

Darren grabs my hand and brings me to the center of the room. I wrap my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my waist. "I've never danced beside one time with Sawyer," I tell him. Darren smiles. "Don't worry about it. I've been through much worse than my feet being stepped on" he tells me. I giggle and we twirl around letting the music sink it.

I close my eyes and think about Sawyer. Any minute he's going to barge in here hopefully not hurt Darren even though I know he will and take me home. Vanessa will finally have the love story she's been dreaming of with her man.

I open my eyes when I hear more ruckus outside the ballroom. My heart starts to pound he's here. I look over at Vanessa and she grins at me. "No I know she's here. I can smell her" I hear Sawyer yelling outside the door. My heart starts to pump faster and butterflies explode in my stomach. "Stay calm. Act like you didn't know he was here" Darren whispers to me.

I nod my head and face him once again. The same sentence repeats over and over in my head. Act like he's not here. Act like he's not here. I take a deep breath and get back into the dance. "Your majesty she isn't here. Remember our discussion" I hear Walter's annoying voice. Sawyer, please do not listen to him. I'm in here please walk through those doors.

"I'm done listing to you, Walter. I'm going in to see for myself" I hear Sawyer. A soft smile forms on my lips. I look up at Darren to find him smiling as well. "Ready to go home?" He asks I nod my head. "Ready to be a human punching bag?" I ask he chuckles and nods.

The doors bang open. I restrain myself from looking. I want to look so bad but I keep my eyes on Darren. "He's coming" Darren mouths. I hear a mean growl and within seconds Darren is no longer in front of me. "What the hell is going on here?" I hear Vanessa yell angrily. I turn around to see a shocked Vanessa. She looks at me and sends me a quick wink. "I should be the one asking the same," King Dante says. Vanessa turns towards him I tune them out and turn towards an angry Sawyer and a beaten-up Darren.

I notice the guards are having a difficult time getting Sawyer off of Darren. I walk over to Sawyer "Sawyer get off of him" I yell. I had to yell that a couple of times before Sawyer finally gets off Darren. He turns around so he's facing me and without wasting a second I'm in his arms.

"I knew you were here all along. I shouldn't have listened to them and walked into that kitchen" Sawyer whispers into my hair. I hug him tighter not truly believing he's here holding me right now. "So you are telling me that she's been here the entire time?" I hear Walter shout.

"I have a good reason why," King Dante tells Walter.

Sawyer and I pull away from the hug he looks me up and down. "You look beautiful," he tells me. A blush forms on my cheeks oh the all familiar feelings this man gives me are coming back.

"You'll be coming back with us Dante," Walter tells King Dante angrily. "This isn't a good sign" Sawyer whispers to me. "King Sawyer Miss. Amber, you'll be coming back with us as well. We need questions answered along with you Miss." Walter says while looking at Sawyer and me to Vanessa. "What about my children?" Vanessa asks. "Do you have any trustworthy slaves to look after them while you're gone?" Walter asks.

"Maids and yes I do. I'll go pack. Someone bring Darren to the infirmary and can someone get Esme and Karsyn to come to see me" Vanessa tells the guards they nod and get to work.

"I'll drive Amber and myself back to the Mansion. I want to spend some time with her" Sawyer tells Walter while squeezing my waist. Walter nods singling he's okay with that. Sawyer lets go of my waist and grab my hand and leads me out of the room.