Chapter Thirty Nine

"What's going on?" Sawyer asks as he and I walk into his office. "So far we only know that they want us to meet them in no man's land by midday tomorrow. If not then they will come here and attack" Flynn tells Sawyer as he hands him a letter.

Sawyer grabs the letter going over to his desk reading it. "Spencer inform the worries and have them say their goodbyes to their families," Sawyer tells the head worrier. Spencer bows his head then leaves. "Flynn inform the Beta female and make sure you inform her on what could happen," Sawyer tells Flynn. A sad smile is placed upon his face and leaves.

"What do you mean?" I ask worriedly. Sawyer sets the note on his desk and scoots back in his chair and pats his lap. I walk over to him sitting down. He wraps his arms around me and holds me back. "God this is the last thing we need" Sawyer growls.

I look at him worried. 'What's going on?' Viki whines not liking her mate in this state. "I just got you back and now I might lose you again... but this time forever," Sawyer says. I look at him shocked "what?" I ask.

"In war, the Alpha and Beta is always in the front when packs go into battle. Yes, the Alpha and Beta are the strongest but a lot of the time they don't come back alive. Baby, I want you to understand that what I'm about to tell you is something I was hoping we could have waited on till you were ready. But I also want you to know that I wouldn't be telling you this unless it was urgent" Sawyer tells me. I nod my head in understanding. "I understand. What is it?" I ask.

Sawyer takes a deep breath. "I need to get you pregnant," he tells me. I look at him in shock "what?" I ask not quite sure I heard him right. "Baby I might not come out of this war alive and I have to make sure I have an heir that will take the throne when the child comes of age. I know I'm asking a lot but would you carry our pup?" Sawyer asks me.

Tears slide down my cheeks at the thought of Sawyer never coming home. I'll be living a life without my true love and we haven't even gotten to spend a fucking week together without something happening. 'We'll always have a part of mate with us when we have his child' Viki tells me. That's true. "I may not be ready but I know I have the pack and Leyla behind me so yes Sawyer I'll have your child," I tell him.

"Well, Leyla and you will be having your children around the same time since Flynn also needs an heir to the Royal Beta title," Sawyer tells me. A smile forms on my face "so Leyla and I will go through this together" I tell him. Sawyer nods. He leans in for a kiss and I meet him halfway. This man better come home to me. We have a long life ahead of us and soon a child. The door opens and a new scent along with Flynn's walks in. I pull away from Sawyer to see who's here.

I hear Sawyer whine as I pull away from the kiss I giggle from his cuteness. I look to find a crying Leyla. This is the first time I saw her in almost two months and it sucks that this is the reason why we are seeing each other. "This isn't right. How dare those stupid Vampires do this. Why can't they just worry about themselves?" Leyla sobs.

My heart breaks for her. I know exactly what she's feeling. She's fearing that she'll lose her mate. "Think of this though you and Luna will be pregnant at the same time," Flynn tells her trying to comfort her. Leyla wipes her eyes and looks at me with a bit of hope shining in her eyes. "Really?" She asks.

I smile and nod "we'll do everything pregnant women do together," I tell her. She smiles and nods still clinging onto Flynn. "We need to prepare the pack," Sawyer tells everyone in the room. 'Everyone in the ballroom.' I hear Sawyer's voice in my head then a lot of yes Alpha's followed. That's something I know will take a long time for me to get used to.

"I'll contact all surrounding packs to help us during this fight," Flynn tells Sawyer. I get off his lap Sawyer stands up and we leave to go meet the pack.

Sawyer and I make it to the double doors of the ballroom. The same doors Leyla and I walked through when we were introduced to the pack. Guards open the doors for us Sawyer walks through with me behind him. Even though he treats me like an equal when it comes to important pack business I'm behind him to show he's superior.

We make it to the stage and Sawyer looks at his pack. "Today we got a letter from the former Vampire King stating that he declares war. Anyone who is willing to fight 18 and older please find Spencer after this meeting. Family, please say your goodbyes tonight we'll be leaving tomorrow at 5 am. Elder, Women, and children will be at the safe house with the Luna Queen and Beta Female. A couple of guards will be standing guard in case anything happens. You will be staying in the safe house until it is safe to come back. Pack everything you'll need" Sawyer announces.

It pains my heart as I see the sad faces on every pack member some were even frightened. "How will the Luna protect us if she isn't a wolf? We're all going to die" a female voice spoke. My heart broke at the comment. But it seemed that not everyone agreed with the female that spoke out.

Pack members began to growl and look around to figure out who spoke against their Luna. Viki growled from the disrespect but was happy to know that no matter what wolf or human the pack was sticking with the Luna.

"Enough" Sawyer growled in his Alpha voice. The room fell silent. "Whoever said that step forward," Sawyer says. There was movement from the crowed until a female with brown hair and brown eyes steps and wearing a skimpy outfit. "You called for me Alpha?" She asks while twirling her hair and trying to make a flattering face towards Sawyer.

"Bring her to the dungeons," Sawyer says. The girl looks up at him in shock the pack cheers as the guards drag her away. "Anything else?" Sawyer asks the pack annoyed. No one says or makes a sound after a couple of minutes of silence Sawyer nods "dismissed" he announces. Some of the pack leaves the ballroom while a good portion of the pack walks over to Spencer.

Sawyer takes my hand and leads me out of the room and we head back to his office.