Chapter Twenty Seven

After a couple of days in the Council Mansion, it's finally time for Sawyer and me to go to his castle. The other day Vanessa was crowned Queen. It was a beautiful ceremony. Dante was there but he had to be chained since he still can not be trusted. I watched him most of the ceremony. He didn't look happy nor proud of his wife. No, he looked beyond mad.

I'm afraid to say if he wasn't chained he could have killed his own wife. After the crowning Vanessa and I danced the rest of the night along with Leyla. That night I also asked Leyla to come back with Sawyer and me and be my personal stylist. She didn't even have to think for a second before agreeing.

At the moment I'm packing the few pieces of clothing that I like along with the dress Vanessa gave me. "Amber?" I hear Sawyer call. "In the closet," I tell him. A couple of seconds later arms wrap around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder. "Don't get mad" I hear him whisper.

"What?" I ask confused. What did he do?

"So there may or may not be a ball tomorrow in your honor," he tells me. I stop going through racks of clothing in shock. "What?" I ask stunned. "I know this is the last thing you would want on your official first day living with me. But I want to introduce you to the pack of our Kingdom and name you Luna Queen. Plus the pack has been dying to meet you" Sawyer explains.

"On our second day could it be us before life as King and Queen starts?" I ask. "Of course," Sawyer tells me as he kisses the side of my head. "Almost ready?" Sawyer asks me as he pulls away. "Yeah, I'm looking for this hoodie that I liked," I tell him. "Okay. When you are ready tell Lennon he'll bring your things down" he tells me then leaves the room.

After he left I started looking through the hoodie section of the closet. I finally found the black and gray tied dyed hoodie. I stuff it into my suitcase then walk out of my bedroom but instead of walking into the hallway, I stumbled into a body. "Amber, I'm so sorry are you okay?" Lennon asks while holding onto my arms making sure I don't fall.

I stand up and fix my balance before nodding "yeah I'm sorry. I didn't realize someone would be standing outside the door" I tell him. "Oh by the way my stuff is all packed and ready to be brought down," I tell him. "What do you mean?" Lennon asks. I look up at him confused. "Sawyer told me to tell you when I'm done packing so you'd bring me stuff down. That's why you are standing here right?" I ask him.

Lennon stares at me not saying a word. I look at Lennon confused "are you okay?" I ask concerned. "Well, that isn't the reason why but yeah from King orders I'll bring your things down," Lennon tells me in a soft voice. He walks around me and into my room.

I walk towards the entrance of the mansion knowing that if Sawyer isn't there then at least Leyla would be. I'm pretty sure she's all packed and ready to go by now. She told me that she doesn't have much to pack since she wants to make new clothes that'll fit with the role of being the Queen's personal stylist.

"Ready to finally leave this place?" I hear Leyla ask. I smile at my best friend who is standing next to Walter and a few of Sawyer's guards. I never realized how much Leyla looks like her father until now. "I am. I'm ready to live out the rest of my days with my mate" I tell her. "I know you believe this place is your first home. But I bet after a week living with Sawyer in his castle you'll realize this mansion was never a home for you," Leyal tells me.

Walter clears his throat and sends Leyla a warning glare. She shrugs her shoulders at her father. "Don't give me that look" she tells him. "You were never a good father to me. You always tried to make my life hell. This was never my home. I was more of a servant to you than your daughter" Leyla tells him.

"I'm glad she's finally able to tell him her true feeling. "Here are your things Miss. Amber" Lennon tells me. I took towards him to find him and a few others put my luggage next to the door. "Thank you," I tell them. The men nod and walk away beside but Lennon.

"Is everything okay?" I ask Lennon. Something feels off with him today. "Can we talk Miss. Amber? There's something I must speak to you about before you leave and I never see you again" Lennon tells me. I turn towards Leyla unsure if I should go with him. Sawyer wouldn't be very happy. "I'll tell the King you're saying your goodbyes," Leyla tells me. I nod and follow Lennon out of the room.

Lennon leads me into a room that isn't too far from where we left Leyla. "I've never been in this room before," I say out loud for no reason as Lennon shuts the door. The room isn't very big and there isn't much of anything in here. "It's a storage room," Lennon tells me. I nod and turn to face him.

"What did you need to speak to me about before I leave?" I ask Lennon. Without saying anything he takes a step towards me looking deep into my eyes. I take a step back not feeling comfortable.

"Do you have to leave with the King?" Lennon asks. I look at him stunned "what?" I ask unsure I heard him right. "I may not be powerful like the King or rich like he is but I can treat you so much better than he could," Lennon tells me.

"Lennon where is this coming from?" I ask stunned. "You mean you haven't noticed? Amber, we belong together." Lennon tells me. I shake my head "no, Lennon we don't. I have my mate and he's the only man I want. I'm sorry for whatever you are feeling towards me but I don't feel the same" I tell him.

Lennon steps closer to me I take a step back but find a large table behind me preventing me from stepping further. Why is there always something behind you when you are trying to get away from someone? "Maybe this will help you see clearer," Lennon tells me.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close. I bring my hands to his chest trying to push him away from me. "Lennon stop" I warn him. "Amber stop acting like you don't want it. We both know you do" Lennon tells me while leaning in closer. I move my head to the side right as he leans in to kiss me.

I finally get the strength to push him away. Lennon doesn't expect it and stumbles "Amber what are you doing?" Lennon asks when I rush towards the door. "Going to the man I love," I tell him and leave.