Chapter Eight

"You excited for your first date with the Vampire King?" Leyla asks "I bet he'll bring you somewhere very romantic." Leyla tells me with a dreamy look in her eyes. "It's a bummer that Walter will be going with you on both your dates. It's like having your dad go on dates with you. It gets very awkward. I remember my first date and my dad tagged along it was very embarrassing," Leyla goes on.

"There your makeup is all done. I did little to your hair. It felt like it was perfect the way it is with the outfit." Leyla tells me. I stand up and walk towards the full-length mirror to see the final look. The dress Leyla picked out isn't something I'd wear but for the Vampire King, it's ideal. The dress is black that goes mid-thigh it has long sleeves and open shoulders with a turtleneck. She paired the dress with black sheer tights and knee-high socks with the same ankle boots I wore last time. My hair is down with a little bit of wave at the ends. For makeup, Leyla did a black and gray smokey eye with nude pink lipstick. It actually doesn't look that bad on me.

"You look perfect!" Layla squealed "the Vampire King is going to fall and won't want to let you go," Leyla tells me. I smile at her through the mirror and nod but deep down I know he won't. He's most likely dreading this date like I am but I'm not looking towards tomorrow either. "You're set for today. I hope you have fun lucky girl" Leyla tells me while opening the closet door. I give her one more smile and she leaves the room. I take a deep breath before I stand up and exit the closet. I walk into the primary room to find Lennon looking around. I stand there for a couple of seconds watching him until he notices me.

A blush covers his cheeks, and he dips his head down. "I'm sorry for snooping around your room, Miss. Amber. I've never been in this room before and I was curious," he tells me. Lennon looks up at me but he doesn't look me in the eyes instead he looks me up and down then down back up. "I shouldn't be saying this and I'm sorry for the disrespect but ma'am you look stunning today. The Vampire King is a very lucky man. Any man would be lucky to have you as a mate," he tells me. This time I'm the one blushing. I can't believe he said that. It was so sweet, and I think this might be the only time a male has told me this.

"We should get going. The Vampire King said he's very busy today and doesn't have much time for the date," Lennon tells me. I nod not surprised. I follow Lennon out of my bedroom. The walk to the limo was silent but not an uncomfortable silence. I think he's still embarrassed by what happened in my bedroom, but he has nothing to be embarrassed about. I think he's sweet, and it's shocking he hasn't found a girl yet. I don't know if he's human or not. I can't really tell besides when it comes to Vampires. You can't hide those fangs every time a Vampire opens their mouth to even just speak they are there begging for attention. But Lennon doesn't have any Vampire teeth and he talked bad about the vampire the other day, so I don't think he's one of them.

But whatever girl he does end up with is very lucky... but why am I also feeling jealous for the girl he isn't even with yet? Am I starting to have feelings for Lennon or is it because he's the first guy to be nice towards me and now I'm growing attachment for him. Whatever it has to stop. I'm not supposed to be his forever. I'm already spoken for by two Kings who at the moment are fighting to convince the council that they will benefit the most with me being by their side.

We finally reach the Limo the driver standing by the door opens it for me. I send him a soft smile and get in with Lennon following behind me. Why is Lennon coming? I thought Walter likes the Vampires. I sit in my normal seat and I then notice Walter is already here. Lennon sits next to me and the door shuts. "The drive will be shore today. King Bertoldo's team set up a beautiful date at a sacred location to the Vampires. Lennon is coming today because he is your personal bodyguard and we will be out in the open so the council wants to make sure you are protected. The Vampire King will have guards there but their priority is to protect the King so if something happens and if Lennon isn't there, you won't be protected." Walter tells me.