Chapter Twenty Eight

I rush back to the entrance where I left Leyla. When I walk into the room I notice Sawyer. Relief floods my body when I see him. Sawyer must have noticed I walk into the room due to him turning around.

He had a smile plastered on his lips but when he notices the state I'm in the smile disappeared and rushes over to me. When he pulls me into his arms I let the tears fall. Leyla was right. This was never home but an escape from my previous life. Sawyer and his castle is my real home. My forever home.

"What happened? And don't try lying to me to little mate. Leyla told me you went to talk to Lennon. What did he do?" Sawyer asks with a growl slipping out. I shake my head not wanting to relive what almost happened. I don't want to think what could have happened if I didn't muster up the strength to push him away. "Please, Amber. Please baby tell me what happened. I can make sure it never happens again" Sawyer tells me.

I pull away from the hug and look at my mate deep into his beautiful eyes. "I don't want to talk about it right now. I want to go home Sawyer" I tell him. Sawyer looks at me with shock in his eyes. This is the first time I mentioned to him about his castle being called home. A smile spreads on his lips once again. "Of course," Sawyer tells me.

He grabs my hand with his and interlocks our fingers together. He orders maids to bring our luggage out. Sawyer leads me out of the mansion with Leyla trailing behind us. I can't believe I'm finally leaving. I'm finally going to be with my mate. I'm going to be happy.

Sawyer leads to to a matte black weird-looking vehicle. Sawyer must have seen the look on my face and thought it was funny from the chuckle. "This is an electric car. They call it the Tesla Model 3" Sawyer tells me. "Who would buy such an ugly thing?" I ask looking at Sawyer confused. He shakes his head chuckles again and guides me towards the passenger side.

I look at the door handle and to my surprise, there isn't one. Sawyer presses his thumb to an outline in the door and the door handle pops out. He pulls the handle and the door opens. I look at him with surprise. He smiles at me as I get into the odd-looking vehicle.

"Leyla you'll be riding with us" I hear Sawyer tell Leyla. I'm guessing she was a bit confused about where to go. The back door opens and I hear a gasp I turn out in my seat to find the door lifted up like a wing. I look at it wide-eyed. Leyla gets into the backseat with the same look as me. Sawyer has a big smile on his face. He's looking at our reaction to his car but I still think it's ugly. Sawyer gets into the driver's side and starts the almost silent vehicle on.

"Let's go home girls," Sawyer tells us then drives out of the Council's very large driveway. I'm more than ready to leave this place behind and have a new fresh start with my mate and best friend.