Chapter Thirteen

"What happened? Why did my mate collapse like that?" I hear a voice that sounds likes Sawyer.

"It's nothing serious. She will be fine and make a full recovery. Her body is tired. She's in a new world that she isn't used to with new rules and a new role. She hasn't had time to adjust to her new life and she's been doing something every day and hasn't had any downtime. I gave her some medication that will keep her asleep for as long as her body needs. She will wake up when her body recovers" I hear a man explain to my mate.

"Do we need to stay here?" Another voice that sounds like the Vampire King asks. "If you need to leave then go but if you want to stay then you can" I hear Walter's voice. "The dinner portion of this date will resume when she's feeling better" he adds.

"I must be going then. I have a lot of work to do. I'll drop by when I can," I hear the Vampire King say then leave. After that everything goes quiet.

...

"Day 5 my sweet Amber" I hear a broken voice. That tone I know all too well from living at the auction house. So many girls cracked. "I know you are sleeping and when your body is ready to wake you'll be fine. But life right now isn't... it isn't worth living. I Don't know what living without you is like. Wake up when you are ready but I know that I will fight for you more than I already am." After I heard him say that everything fades away again.

——

"It's been a week. Dr. Wagner are you sure she's going to wake up?"

"Her body is weak and tired. When she's ready she'll wake up" I'm guessing that's Dr. Wagner replying.

"What am I supposed to tell the Kings? King Sawyer is getting antsy and we haven't heard from King Dante" the first voice says.

"Doesn't this affect their score?" the doctor asks. I think it's time I wake up. It's been a week and Sawyer needs me. I try to open my eyes but that doesn't work.

"Yes, it does. Leaving doesn't dock points but it does if they don't come back. The only way it won't hurt their points for not coming back is if they call us and let us know they can't come back and why. It also docks his points because he hasn't even called to check up on her. King Sawyer is furious that someone that is supposed to care for her hasn't wanted to know how their mate is doing"

I try to wiggle my fingers first the few try nothing but on my 5th try, I finally got them to wiggle. After that I try to wiggle my toes and when I achieve that I go to move my hands and arms. When my entire body is moving I try to open my eyes.

"She better wake up soon. She was supposed to move in with her mate a couple of days ago. Now the process is going to be taking longer than I wanted" I hear Walter grump.

"Well if you didn't overwork her and let her have some days off you wouldn't be in this position" the Doctor fires at Walter. Wow, the Doctor has balls.

"I wouldn't be so bold if I were you, Doctor Wagner. I can fire you on the spot" Walter threatens him. "Yes you can but I won't be officially fired. I can work here even if you fired me unless all the councilmen agree for me to be fired and I know for a fact they all would agree with me. You shouldn't have been the one to take this job. You wore this young lady down to the bone. She doesn't deserve to be treated this way and are you forgetting that this is your future Queen? And if she's given to a certain King you could be fired... or worse?" The Doctor asks. My eyes open up but I quickly close them due to the bright light.

"She's no future Queen. She's a slave in sheep clothing. She will ruin this world and that is why she must go to someone who will put her in her place and won't let her be involved" Walter begins.