Chapter Thirty Eight

5 chapters left!

"Anything new to report?" I hear a muffled male's voice. "No sir. She's still the same." A muffled females voice replied. "Have the Alpha visited her recently?" The male asks. "No. He hasn't stopped by in the last couple of days. Beta Flynn told me it's getting harder for him to come to see her" the female says.

There was silence then a door shutting. Where am I? Why is everything so dark? My eyelids open and light blinds me. I quickly close my eyes then I open them again and blink till my eyes adjust to the light. Oh, that's why my eyes were closed. I move my fingers and toes, okay my body is working.

I look around the room to find myself in a very white room with machines everywhere making an annoying beeping noise. I look over to my left to find a lady in white writing on a clipboard.

Wait am I in the hospital? Of course, I am. Sawyer marked me. Did I turn into a wolf? I wonder what color my fur is. I bet she's beautiful.

The nurse puts her clipboard down and turns towards me. When she spots me she freezes. "Luna you're awake," she tells me with a smile. I nod not understanding the excitement on her face. "I'll mind link the Alpha and Doctor," she tells me.

Her eyes cloud over for a couple of minutes but then they go back to normal. "They'll be here shortly," she tells me. With all the excitement going through her, I'm surprised she isn't jumping off the walls.

The door opens an older man walks in wearing a lab coat. "Good afternoon Luna it's good to see you awake. Is it okay if I ask you a couple of questions?" He asks. I nod my head. He walks over to the chair in my room and sits down.

"Who are you?" He asks. I look at him confused "Amber?" I ask unsure of his questions. He smiles and nods "good. Where are you?" He asks. "The pack hospital," I tell him. Does he not know where he is? "Who's your mate?" He asks "Sawyer," I tell him.

Maybe he's losing his memory and needs help remembering. The doctor asks me a couple more questions until the door opens and Sawyer rushes in. "Out," he tells everyone.

The doctor stands up and nods "I'll give you two space. I'll be back in shortly to see how you are" the doctor tells us before leaving.

I stare at Sawyer and he stares at me. "Your awake" Sawyer breathes breaking the silence. I look at him confused. "Umm... yeah?" I ask.

"How does my wolf look?" I ask not being able to hold the question in anymore. Sawyer's face dropped. "Babe you never changed," he told me. My heart sank. "What? Did the marking not work?" I ask Sawyer chuckles and shakes his head.

"No. Your body couldn't handle the pain" he tells me. I nod I guess that makes sense. "Will I be able to shift soon?" I ask. Sawyer shakes his head. "I know you are excited for your wolf but babe it isn't safe. I almost lost you the first time I can't lose you again" Sawyer tells me.

I nod in understanding... for now. "How long was I asleep for?" I ask. Sawyer looks around the room not meeting my gaze. "Almost two months," he tells me. I sit there in shock. Sawyer has gone almost two months without me? Leyla is Leyla okay? "How's Leyla?" I ask I can't believe I forgot my best friend.

Sawyer chuckles "I don't know who took you being gone the hardest me or her." He tells me. I nodded understanding. The door opens and the doctor walks back in. "I'm going to run some tests to make sure you are okay to leave," the doctor tells us. Sawyer nods. The doctor walks over to me and begins his tests.

'Is he almost done? I'm so sick and tired sitting here and not being with our mate.' A voice in my head speaks. I jump from the sudden voice. "What's wrong?" Sawyer asks me concerned. 'Mmm, his voice is so dreamy.' The voice in my head purrs.