Chapter Twenty Six

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask when we walk into my bedroom. Sawyer doesn't say anything instead he walks over to me and pulls me into a tight hug. At first, I was surprised but I got over the shock and wrap my arms around him. But the longer the hug lasts the more I question it. Is this be our last hug?

Sawyer pulls away from the hug and sits down on the bed. "I'm sorry Amber" is the first thing he tells me. Here it goes. "I'm sorry that I haven't been the best mate last night and today. I feel very ashamed of myself that I let this get to my head and block you out when you need me most. When you told me that you don't like steak anymore I realized how much you've changed over the last couple of months.

I thought when I got you back you'd be a shell too scared to talk or do anything out of line. I was ready to fight to get my girl back. But last night I saw that no you aren't that scared little girl I once knew. No you are so much stronger and I'm so proud of you and I know I'm going to love this new you just as much as I loved the old you if not more" Sawyer tells me.

I stare at Sawyer not knowing how I should react to this. All the nerves that I once felt are now gone and replaced with love for this man. "I promise you as long as I'm alive no harm will ever come to you again. I will give my life to make sure you are healthy, happy, and alive" Sawyer tells me.

"No," I tell him while baring my face into his chest. "No?" Sawyer asks confused.

"You will not give your life for mine. These few months showed me that I can't live without you. I don't want to live without you" I tell him. Sawyer wraps his arms around me and pulls me into him. "Well, I'll make sure it doesn't come to that" Sawyer whispers.