Chapter Thirty

"Am I too early?" I hear Leyla ask. "I'm sorry Alpha. I worked all night to get the dresses done and with some help from the other royal designers, I got them done at sunrise. I was hoping Amber was up so I could do her fitting and make final adjustments" Leyla explains.

I open my eyes and look around the room confused. Where am I? I sit up in bed still dazed and confused. I walk out of the bedroom and loom over the balcony to find Sawyer and Leyla talking. Either they are that loud or my hearing is that sensitive.

Wait it's all coming back to me. I'm at Syawer's castle and this is our room. I walk away from the railing and walk into our shared bedroom. I better get dressed before I greet the two. I walk into the closet and throw an outfit together. I strip out of my nightclothes and change my underwear I also slip a bra on. I grab the tan long sleeve ribbed knit crop top and white skinny jeans with rips in the knees and white sneakers. I leave my hair down and I don't bother with makeup.

Once again I exit the bedroom and make my way to the stairs. "I'll go see if she's awake. It's a huge change for her so I don't think she'll be up yet" Sawyer tells Leyla. He goes to turn around to find me standing behind him. Sawyer looks at me in shock and I sent him an innocent smile. "Good morning," I tell him.

"Oh good your awake." before Leyla could finish her sentence I interrupt her. "I know you came here so I'd go with you so I can try on the dress you made me and make any adjustments," I tell her. I look up at Sawyer. Without needing to ask if I can go he nods "go ahead. I have some Alpha duties I need to take care of before the ball tonight" Sawyer tells me. He kisses my forehead then heads towards the stairs.

I let out a breath he didn't ask me about Lennon yet. Leyla grabs my wrist and drags me out of the room. "By the way, you look amazing. If I knew you had good taste in fashion I would have let you pick out your own outfits sometimes" Leyla tells me. I laugh "like you actually would," I tell her. Leyla stops walking and thinks for a second before nodding her head. "Yeah your right," she tells me then starts walking again.

Leyla leads me towards the elevator and pushes the down button. After waiting for a couple of minutes the elevator doors open and we walk in. Leyla takes out a key card and holds it up to the scanner the red light turns green and a few more buttons light up.

"Wait till you see the designer room," Leyla tells me as she pushes a button that has a DI on it. The elevator starts moving and I back into the corner holding the railings. Leyla looks at me puzzled "what's wrong? You were fine in the elevator last night" she tells me. I nod "yeah that's because I had Sawyer. These things are fucking scary" I tell her. Leyla shakes her head "it'll be fine we'll be down there in no time" Leyla tells me.

I watch as the elevator goes down floor by floor. No time my ass it feels like we've been in here for an eternity and I'm hating every minute of it. Finally, the elevator dings singling to us that we made it. Right as the doors open I fling out of the death box. "Didn't realize you hated it that much. Now come you'll love the dress" Leyla tells me.

I look around the place in awe. It's a designer's dream. The place was very busy with everyone running around trying to finish their outfits. I'm guessing these are all for the ball tonight. I see a lot of colors but no one is white or very puffy like a ball gown should be from what I've learned and seen.

Leyla brings me to a door and opens it. "Since I'm your personal stylist I get my own room and office," she tells me. I look around her workroom it's very clean and organized "nothing like it is out there. I turn so I'm facing Leyla and I see her wheeling out a pastel blue long puffy dress with sheer fabric. Lighter pastel blue roses on the front skirt going from the bottom to the top. The top of the dress has a corset and sheer straps with a v-neck. It's a breathtaking dress I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

"What do you think?" Leyla asks me. "Leyla... I can't find the right words to describe how beautiful the dress is" I tell her. Leyla smiles "I'm glad you like it are you ready to see yours now?" Leyla asks. I look at her in shock "what?" I ask.

Leyla giggles "Your dress is going to be completely different from everyone else's. The soon-to-be Queen must wear some type of white dress. It also must show power for her soon-to-be role. "So a wedding dress?" I ask Leyla laughs "oh no. Just wait and see" Leyla smirks as she walks back into the room that she brought her dress out from.

Leyla soon wheels out another dress. I watch it wheel out in awe. This dress does scream I'm the Queen look at me. The dress is off-white with lots of sheer fabric but I'm happy with that since sheer is my favorite fabric on dresses. The dress is puffy but not so puffy I could clear a crowd without touching anyone. The top of the dress has a corset similar to Leyla's dress. The dress has a sweetheart neckline and the sleeves are flared. The sleeves start are the elbows and go down to my hands. I've worn sleeves like these before but these are more flared out and the sleeves are connected to the dress and aren't a separate piece.

"What do you think about this one?" Leyla asks me. I smile at her "it's perfect I can not wait to see Sawyer's face when he sees me wearing this dress" I tell her. Leyla smiles big "good. Now strip into your underwear so we can try this on and see if there are any adjustments that need to be made" Leyla tells me.

She goes over to the door that separates her workroom from the other workroom and locks the door. I take my shirt and pants off Leyla helps me into the dress and fastens it up so the dress is closed and won't fall. She brings me over to the mirror on the far side of her workspace.

As she's pinning places that need to be tighter I look at myself in the mirror. Remembering where I came from and where I am now. How much I've grown in this experience. I'm no longer a scared little girl wanting to follow every order my Mater gives me to make sure I don't get punished. Now I think for myself and I speak my thoughts and feelings freely without feeling scared. I went from a slave to a mother fucking badass Queen.