Chapter Ten

The bush opens and a lake comes into view surrounded by beautiful tall trees and my favorite willow trees. We walk forward through the bush. You can hear birds chirping and frogs croaking. In the distance, I can see a structure. From here it looks like there are six white pillars holding up an iron dome. That's an odd structure I wonder what it is.

"My dad had a gazebo made. It's somewhere that my mom can sit under for hours by the lake and read, paint or relax. He had some bushes and trees planted around it to give my mom that natural feel that she loves and shade from the sun. There are stairs from the gazebo that leads to the lake in case in the future you want to let your legs dangle in the water or even go swimming. This will be your secret oasis that you can go to anytime you want." he tells me.

Stop being so nice to me. This is going to make it so much worse when Walter convinces the council that I should be with the Vampire. We reach the gazebo and I notice beautiful pastel pink and yellow roses along with other flowers that give you a woodsy feel going up the pillars as well as around the rime of the dome. After I take in the flowers and the beautiful surroundings of the green lush bushes and trees I notice a soft pink blanket with a beautiful basket in the middle of the gazebo with the King already standing there. I didn't notice he left my side.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help but watch you look at everything in awe. It fills my heart knowing you like this place. I didn't need words your face said it all" he tells me. A blush covers my cheeks again and I walk over to him. Hmm maybe having rosy cheeks is going to permintally stay on my cheeks from now on due to this man who I can't help but be crushing on. He's so sweet and is showing me that life can be beautiful and meaningful.

"I had my chefs make the best for you. My Queen deserves nothing but the best. Today we'll be having a deli sandwich, red wine, some fruits, and brownies for dessert" he tells me as he points to each thing. The King holds his hand out to me and I take it as he leads me over to the opposite side of him for me to sit. "Amber I want you to know that you are no longer a slave which means you will not follow those slave rules. You may speak when you choose to, you may eat when you choose to, you can speak whatever is on that beautiful mind whenever you want to, and please don't hold anything back. I want to hear you talk all day and all night. I want to hear about what makes you happy and what drives you up the wall. I want to know what you want in your future. I want you to tell me when you are scared. I want to know everything about you" he tells me.

"Please stop" I whisper. I can't hear this anymore. I can't hear how much he wants to make me happy. I can't hear how much he wants me to talk to him. I can't take him showing me these beautiful areas and knowing that this could be the only time I'll ever be here. He's creating a life I've dreamed of my entire life but reality is... I can't have it. "Stop what my darling? What is it?" he asks concern laced in his voice. I blink away the tears that are filling my eyes. I don't dare look at him. "This life you are talking about. The life of you and me I can't hear it any longer. Everything you say everything you show me... it's too much." I tell him as my voice cracks a bit.

"Amber, what's wrong?" He asks as he stands up and walks over to me. "This amazing life you are picturing for us will never happen" I explain. The King sits down next to me and wraps his warm muscular arms around me. "Why would you say that?" he asks as he squeezes my shoulder. "Because they are rooting for the Vampire and me to be together. They treat you so much different than they do him. Yesterday Walter never came with him on the date. But he's here today. The first time I met the Vampire King Walter took his time being there not rushing and loving his answers. But for you, he rushed. He wanted to leave as soon as possible. He hated the answers you gave him. He's always talking so highly of the Vampire and I know he's going to fit with the council for them to pair me with him. But here you are telling me everything I've dreamed of. Showing me these beautiful places telling me that one day it'll be mine. It's all too much" I tell him while not letting one single tear fall.