Chapter Seven

My eyes flutter open to the dime lighting in my room. Black-out curtains are the best thing to ever happen to me. I look over to my alarm clock on my nightstand to see in big white letters 9:30 AM. I shoot up in bed "9:30?" I ask why did I sleep in so late? Why didn't anyone come to wake me up since I slept in? I jump out of bed and run towards my closet. thankfully I took my shower last night.

I walk into my closet and strip out of my nightclothes. I walk around the closet trying to find something presentable to wear. I've never had to pick out my own outfit before. I'm worried I'll put something on that looks funny and doesn't match. I find a cream-colored knitted sweater and a black skirt.

I bring the clothes over to the stool that's at my makeup table and place the clothes there. I then walk towards the underwear area in my closet and find a matching cream bra and thong set. I also grab a pair of white sneakers that will go with the outfit. I walk back towards my outfit and place the rest of my findings on top. I strip my underwear from last night off and put it in the dirty hamper along with my nightclothes.

I put on my new underwear along with the sweater which is bigger on me than I expected. The sleeves go to my fingertips. Either this is a longer sweater or I'm just that short. I then slip the skirt on and find out it goes to mid-thigh. I slip on the shoes and do a light makeup look. No foundation or anything just a shimmery eyeshadow eyeliner and mascara.

I give myself one look over and nod in approval. Now let's find Walter. I walk out of my room and through the halls trying to remember where his office is. I finally find Walter's office after what felt like forever. I walk up to the door and knock.

I step back and wait for a response. Seconds or minutes go by then I finally hear a come in. I open the door and walk-in. "Oh, Amber I'm surprised to see you up and dressed this early" Walter says when he sees me. I look at him confused.

"Today is your day off. Tomorrow will be your first day with the Vampire King. But since you are already up and dressed you can go to the library and read some books about Vampire and Werewolf history. I'll send in a Werewolf and Vampire who work here that can help you find the right books. Meals, drinks, and snacks will be served to you when you please and once all the books are read the rest of the day or night is yours. Dinner will be brought to your room and a with your moral instructions for tomorrow will be with it. Read them over it's everything you must know for tomorrow. Leyla will already of a copy and she knows what you'll need to be wearing." Walter tells me.

"A maid will bring you to the library," Walter tells me.

I nod and head out of the room. After I shut the door I hear a voice telling me to follow her. I turn around to find a maid. I nod and she walks away. "Some of the staff here likes you" she begins. "While some others don't think it's fair that a slave who was supposed to be sold off to a Master got not just one King but two Kings mates. You're a slave for a reason. There's no way you should be a Queen or even treated like one but if any slave should be Queen we all know you are the last person who should be," she tells me.

She stops in front of two large double doors. She turns around looks me up and down with a glare "you aren't even pretty. Poor Kings are stuck with the likes of you" and with that, she left. I stood there for a minute in shock. I was not expecting that. I shake off what she said and open the door to what I'm guessing in the library. I walk in further and let the doors shut behind me.I look around the place first to get a feeling of it. The walls and bookshelves are all white with cream hardwood flooring. Big windows that let in natural light. The room seems to be two stories with books stacked from floor to ceiling and white ladders leading to the top. In the middle of the room, there's a glass fireplace that separates the room.

There's a gray couch and matching armchairs on either side facing the fireplace. And a darker gray coffee table with two stacks of books. It looks like there are about 5 books in each pile. I walk over to the couch and sit on the side that had a couple of pillows and a throw blanket. I sit down and make myself comfy. I cover myself with the blanket and grab the book on top of one of the piles I read the title 'Werewolf History' oh this is going to be fun. I threw the fuzzy gray blanket over myself and begin to read.

'Chapter One

The first-ever wolf to be known is Selene. Her village was destroyed by a rival enemy. She was the only survivor. Clouded by the hurt and pain she went to get revenge for her village. She didn't know who she was looking for. She came across the first village and asked around to know if anyone could give her any information. People would laugh at her question and walk away.She thought that was the village that attacked hers so she set buildings on fire as they did to her. After the village was destroyed the Gods were angry with her and cursed her. She shifted into a wolf. The Gods wanted her to feel the pain she inflicted on all those innocent people so every time she shifted she would feel shearing pain, almost like she's on fire.'