5 | Parents

You yawned and looked around. "This... is not... my room." You looked under the blankets and saw that you still had your uniform, and then looked up again.

"You're at my house."

You squeaked and jolted in the bed, lifting the blanket over your head. You didn't even have time to process if the voice sounded familiar or not.

"I told you not to bring her over without telling her!"

You lowered the blanket and saw Emma standing in the doorway with Mikey. "Oh my god, it's just you." You lowered the blanket even more so it was at your waist. "Why... didn't you bring me to my house?"

The two looked at each other, then at you. "Your parents are home."

That's when you really froze. "They're home...?" Mikey sat at the end of the bed with Emma on the other side. "We saw their car in the driveway when we pulled up and thought that you wouldn't want us to bring you inside. So we brought you here."

You brought your knees to your chest. In the present, your parents are fine. But at the time you were conscious at the moment, your parents would pound you for your grades, and wouldn't accept anything other than a perfect. Mainly your step father, actually.

And he definitely didn't like your gang.

You inhaled shakily and slipped one foot out of bed. "Y/N." Emma put her hand on yours and gained your attention. "I don't want you in that house."

"It's my parents, I can handle it." You stood up and smiled at the two. "I'll be fine!"

You bowed and walked out the door, stopping not far from the house. My parents didn't come home until the end of this year... so why are they home now?

"Odd..." You mutter to yourself as you walk up to the bus stop.

"What's odd?"

You look to your left and see Akkun standing there with a curious expression on his face. "O-Oh, um, hey..."

"Just call me Akkun. You protected us that one time after all." He glanced at you. "I thought you lived on the other side, closer to our school. Weren't you just walking around when you saw us getting beat up?"

You nodded. "Yeah, but I slept over at a friend's house." You cleared your throat. "Are you headed to school?"

"No... it's a Saturday."

"Oh, right. I-It's free week this week at our school. So I couldn't tell."

Akkun was silent for a moment before continuing. "You know, you're a lot easier to talk to than I thought you would be. You know, since you're one of the leaders of the Tokyo Manji gang."

"Not the first time I heard that."

Another moment of silence was shared between the two of you. "Is something on your mind?" He finally asked.

"Aha... is it that obvious?"

"I don't know, you normally have a pretty confident demeanour. Like a sports team captain or something." You smiled at the ground. "You seem like a really caring friend, Akkun."

Reminds me of someone.

"Oh, really? Thanks, I guess." Akkun rubbed the back of his neck.

The bus drove up in front of the bus stop and the two of you broke conversation, walking on one in front of the other. You sat down in the far back while Akkun stood in front, holding onto the railings from the ceiling.

They change in a few years. You'll survive a few years. You kept telling yourself that in your head, although the voice didn't sound like yours. Nor did it sound convincing.