6 | A Heart

"So where were you planning on going?" You asked.

"We were headed for lunch, actually." Draken sighed as his eyes closed. "Takemichi asked if he could be my bodyguard this morning. He's so weird sometimes, honestly."

You tilted your head. Takemichi asked the Vice President of Toman... to be his bodyguard? But why...? You accidentally gasped as you made the realization, slapping your hand over your mouth right after doing so.

"What?"

"I-I just remembered... uh... that my parents would never let me live in my house again." You put your hand down to your side, just now realizing. "Where... am I supposed to go?"

"You can sleep at my house."

Your head snapped in Mikey's direction and you shook your head aggressively. "No, no! I've already troubled you enough! I'll... figure something out."

"It's not like you can live alone. You're only 13 after all. Just stay with me until you figure it out if you're so worried about troubling me."

You pursed your lips and crossed your arms. "I owe you one..."

"Not really." Mikey smirked and side glanced to you, making eye contact. "You've saved me plenty of times already." Draken put his hand on your head. "Besides, are you really going to argue with your leader?"

After a moment of silence, you let out w defeated sigh and slouched your shoulders. "Fine... if you insist. But I'm still finding a way to pay you back." You smiled and walked a few steps ahead. "I'm paying."

"HAH?! Wait a second!"

The two bound after you as you sprinted down the sidewalk, giggling like a child.

Unknown to the three of you, Takemichi was following close behind, somewhat taken aback from how the three of you acted. Like siblings, you being the youngest, but the one in charge, and then Draken being the oldest, the most mature but the one that still gets bossed around.

It was an interesting sight. The three of you were so feared, but...

"Crap! I was supposed to be following them!" Takemichi ran after you, though all three of you most definitely won in a test of speed.

He hid at one of the tables, posing as a normal customer as the three of you sat down. Wait, but Naoto said that the conflict was between Mikey and Draken, so what did Y/N have to say about it?

"What the hell?!"

Takemichi looked back at your table, thinking that a fight was about to erupt.

"I'll never forgive this! There's no flag!" Mikey pointed to his food. You deadpanned and put your hand over his, balling it into a fist. "Don't point, Mikey-chan."

"But I ordered the kid's meal because I was excited for the flag!"

Before the waiter could apologize, you raised your hand. "Don't worry about it, sir." You made met eyes with Draken and he sighed, sticking a flag that he had at the top of Mikey's food. "There, a flag."

Mikey's eyes sparkled and he leaned forward. "Wow! You're the best, Ken-chin!"

You chuckled. "You're so silly, Mikey-chan." For some reason, you had a feeling that someone was watching you and you glanced behind you.

Takemichi quickly hid behind the seat, but you saw the blur of blonde speed into the booth. Your lips parted slightly, but then you shut them again and looked back at Mikey and Draken.

"Man, this meal is more expensive now." You muttered, staring at the bill. "Ken-chan, you're not going to eat anything?"

"I'm not hungry."