91 | To Go Back in Time

"You done?" You asked as you watched Kakucho leave the cemetery.

"I am. I thought you'd stay longer, honestly."

"Eh, Tora doesn't like this cemetery. Isn't that right?" You scratched Tora's chin and he let out a long purr. "I didn't think you'd be the sentimental fellow."

He rolled his eyes, gently pushing your forehead back. "Are you finished with your rounds, then?"

"You make it seem like I'm on patrol or something. But yeah, I'm finished."

"I'll drive you ba—" He paused and tilted his head, staring at something behind you.

You turned to follow his gaze and the two of you stood still, silent, and dumbfounded.

"...Please tell me that's not Takemichi."

"I won't tell you it is but I won't tell you it isn't."

You sighed and cracked your knuckles, setting Tora on the ground. "Well, let's deal with this, yeah? The poor thing's already hurt."

"I'll let you deal with that, actually."

You squinted your eyes in Kakucho's direction but ultimately decided to listen to him, stepping towards the small scene.

Takemichi wasn't unused to being beat up, but at the moment, he had a broken arm and a sprained wrist so he couldn't really do much in retaliation. He did, however, hunch up on the ground like a turtle.

"Hey crotchrots!" You called, stuffing your hands in your pockets. "What's going on here? Fighting at the entrance of a cemetery, it's simply inhumane!" You took out a hand from your pockets and pretended to examine the state of your nails, actually noticing that one of them was chipped. "Although... the trip to your graves would be made a lot easier."

The two boys that had originally targeted Takemichi recalled your face, the bandages that were rumoured to always be wrapped around your forearms and fists (despite your applying of them a mere month before), and their faces contorted to that of horror.

"It's her..." One of them shuddered, stepping away from you like you were a spreading plague.

"Oh? I had no idea my name was such an idolatry in your streets." Tora suddenly jumped atop your shoulder, sending his golden glare forward.

The two boys ran off, leaving Takemichi on the ground with aching bones—again.

You stepped up to Takemichi and gently nudged him with your foot. "Takemichi, raise your head. You look unsightly."

He looked up and his eyes widened. "Y/N! Kaku-chan!"

You stifled a giggle. "'Kaku-chan? I didn't know of that cute little name."

"Shut up." Kakucho held out his hand for Takemichi to take. "Who were those guys?"

"I dunno. But they saw my motorcycle and thought that I was some sort of threat to them."

"And then when they saw that you weren't, they decided to bully you?"

"You make it sound kind of pathetic..."

You glanced at the tipped over motorcycle nearby, one you recognized as Takemichi's, and lifted it up by its handles, admiring the shiny surface and the grips for a moment before giving it back to him.

"Actually, can I speak to you for a while, Y/N?"

"Oh, uh..." You glanced at Kakucho, who nodded to say it was fine, and answered, "Sure."

The seat on Takemichi's bike wasn't actually for two people so he simply walked it next to it while you, beside him.

"Is it about the future?"