22 | Keisuke Baji

"So you heard about my brother." Mikey looked upon his brother's grave and sighed. "Y/N was really messed up after it. She went to therapy for 5 months. Baji's mom was pissed, and paid for it as an apology."

Takemichi looked down, the pity evident in his eyes.

"But," Mikey looked back at Takemichi. "I said you should bring Baji back with you, so why do you have the vice captain of the first division instead?" Chifuyu sighed. "Even Y/N was there... Baji wants to be with Valhalla." Even if this hurt Chifuyu to say, he had to say it.

...

"Arittake no yume wo kakiatsume~"

"What the hell are you singing?"

"One Piece opening, you wouldn't understand." You moved your hair behind your ear and gave Baji a serious look. "I hope you know what you're doing, Baji. Chifuyu was totally messed up when I tended to him."

Baji looked at the bottom of the bridge, his eyes showing a glint of regret. "Is he alright?"

You nodded, putting your hand on Baji's arm. "If you need help, ask me. You know I've always been here." Baji scoffed. "Yeah, yeah. It's pretty simple... All I need to do is kill Kisaki."

You froze, seeing Chifuyu and Takemichi walking towards the bridge through a gap in a building. "Gotta go." You hugged Baji tight. "Be careful. That gang isn't that huge for nothing." And you jumped over the railings and onto the ground.

With a soft sigh, you ran off, careful not to be seen by Chifuyu and Takemichi as you did.

You came to a halt in the middle of a sidewalk, your heart pounding. But not because you were running. You knew that Baji wasn't truly showing off the headless angel on Valhalla, but seeing it on his back...

"BAJI!!"

It brought back memories. Bad memories. You pulled out your wallet and looked at the photo tucked in the photo pocket.

The good old days. You wished someone told you that those were what you would call them in two years time so you would hold onto it tighter. Treasure it.

"Shoot, I have a Student Council meeting in 15 minutes."

• • •

"So, the fundraiser this Friday is for our sports teams, and... uh..." You looked at your phone, seeing the message from Mikey.

Meet us at the shrine tonight. Its about the fight on the 31st

"Y/N?"

"Y-Yeah, sorry. Um, the basketball team requested new jerseys since their old ones match another school too much. The art club is hosting a contest to see what the new logo will be. The season begins again next month, so we'll have to get the results by Friday two weeks from now if we want the jerseys made by the time the season starts."

Everyone nodded and you shut your binder. "Alright, anything else I haven't covered?"

One of the students raised their hand. "There was a request to add a new club."

"Was there?" You opened your binder again. "Ah, yes. Sewing club. Many other school have that, actually, so it shouldn't be a problem if there's a week long trial to see who may be interested. If there isn't at least ten students in the club by the end of next week, it'll be taken down. I'll put in the request when I stop by the office later."

The bell rang and you shut your binder for the last time. "Alright, meeting over. Dismissed."

You were left alone in the room and you messaged Mikey back.

Yep, I'll be there

"Hey, Y/N-san!" You looked up at the door and saw your vice-president of the student council standing there. "Yes, Kita? What happened?"

"Nothing, it's just... where's the boys you normally hang out with?"

"Baji and Chifuyu?" You picked up your binder. "They have thing to deal with. I'll bring them their homework if the teacher has any for them."

And you walked down the hall.

You walked into your classroom and placed your binder on your desk, looking around at the empty classroom. You were the youngest in the class as always, but you never let anyone call you pipsqueak. No one other than Baji.

• Flashback •

"Y/N, this is Baji." Your mom knelt down next to you.

"And Baji, this is Y/N." Baji's mom put him down and he toppled over onto his butt. "I'm surprised your daughter knows how to walk, (M/N)."

Your mom chuckled. "Yes, she's quite an early learner. What about yours?"

"Oh, Baji's a rather late bloomer. Isn't that right?"

Baji blubbered nonsense, his small arms crossing as he pouted. You found it rather silly that he was so angry about something that seemed pretty accurate to you. He was already 4 years old, and he couldn't mutter one word or walk?

"Mama, can we go to the playground?" You asked, tugging at your mom's leggings.

"Oh? Right now? Of course, let's go. Is that alright with you?" Baji's mom nodded, scooping up her son. "Baji will like the exercise."

You followed your mom and Baji's mom, looking up at Baji, who was staring at you from over his mom's shoulder. You crossed your eyes and he stuck his tongue out, and the two fo you made different odd faces at each other until the four of you got to the park.

"Alright, go play." Your mom said.

Baji's mom placed him on the horse and went over to sit with your mom.

You sat in the playground's sand, watching Baji sway back and fourth on the springed horse of the playground.

"You can't play on the swings or something?" You questioned and he shook his head, saying a jumble of sounds that you assumed was his excuse. With an annoyed click of your tongue, you stood up and crossed your arms. "You're not gonna learn how to walk on that pipsqueak horse."

"Hm?"

"I said, you're not going to learn how to walk on that pipsqueak horse!!"

"Pi..p...squeak?"

Both yours and Baji's mom looked up, seeing your stunned expression as well as hearing Baji's constant repetition of "pipsqueak." He paused to laugh and gave you a look. "You're.. pipsqueak."

• Flashback End •

You put your binder in your bag and walked out of the classroom, your face suddenly stoic as you walked through the rather dull halls. Perhaps you only thought it was dull because Baji wasn't getting into a fight, or because Chifuyu wasn't surrounded by fascinated elementary students.

Just... students passing by.

"Y/N-san, thanks for setting up our club last month!" You nodded in response.

"Y/N-senpai, have you put in the request for the sewing club yet?" You shook your head. "I'm on my way. Also, I'm the same age as you. No need for those kinds of honorifics." "But you're still my upperclassman!"

You sighed and put your hands in the pockets of your uniform, feeling your wallet in there.

"This is my treasure." You'd say to your friends. But only the gang knew what it meant. And you were fine with that. Kazutora went to Valhalla, Pah-chin went to jail... You opened it up one more time.

Please, Baji, I hope you know what you're doing.