46 | Fear

"Are you sure?"

"Well, no, but it's just my speculation after what you've told me about this Kisaki fellow."

"Alright..." You closed your notebook. "Thanks."

Before you went up to your room, the phone rang and you picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey Y/N."

"Ah, Mitsuya!"

It was silent on the other side for a moment. "Y-Yeah, it's me. Are you free today? Runa and Hana want to go to the park with you."

"Oh, yeah, for sure! Um, I'll meet you there, okay? Which park?"

"The one near my house at the corner."

"Alright, see you there. Bye bye."

You hung up and looked at your mom. "I'm heading to the park to see Mitsuya." And our the door you went.

You walked along the sidewalk, staring at your notebook with little scribbled notes from your mom.

Clean. Planner. Intelligent. Manipulative. May have hidden inferiority complex.

You recalled your conversation with Hina.

She described Kisaki with a considerable amount of affection, like a best friend.

"Hm..." You had assumed that she had connections with Kisaki because she was dead in all the timelines you and Takemichi went to, but when you learned it was true, you wondered what happened to make Kisaki want to kill her.

"Could it be a dark impulse...?" No, dark impulses lack any sort of planning. It just happens.

"Sometimes people think that they're helping..." You mumbled. "Killing those who seem suicidal, depressed, sick, or simply killing criminals... but Hina doesn't fall under any of those, does she?"

You stopped in the middle of the empty sidewalk. Wait... it's the middle of the day... why is the sidewalk so empty? It was 1:47, well passed lunch, and there wasn't any important event that day as far as you were concerned.

You looked at the sun in the sky in front of you and turned around so you were facing your shadow, now making your way back to your house. Something about it didn't feel right. There wasn't a single person other than you on that street alone.

Just a few moments later, a shadow loomed over you and you closed your notebook. Gotcha.

You felt arms wrap around your waist and you grabbed whoever's head it was and threw it over your head. Rindo. His brother can't be far.

"Still as good as you were back at the Valhalla fight."

"Can't quite say the same for you."

Grappling — seizing the opponent and bringing them to the ground. Not the easiest thing to do. He likely doesn't resort to it often since his brother is always there.

You put your notebook in your pocket and rolled back your shoulder. "It's been a bit since I've beaten a Tenjiku member."

"Well, this won't be the second time."

"We'll see."

You ducked under his punch and strikes his chest with the heel of your palm, then knocking him off balance with your foot.

He stumbled back but didn't fall and quickly landed a punch across your face.

If that bruises, this Barbie looking-ass is going to get it.