78 | Fighter

So, who was going to tell me that all this time it said "Updates Monday and Thursday" instead of "Tuesday and Thursday"?

"Y/N?" Ryoko placed her hand on your shoulder. "Who's that?"

You stared at the shop and your brows raised in shock. "Is that...?" You opened the car door and stepped towards the shop. "Kakucho?"

He glanced at you and crossed his arms. "That's all you've got?"

"What?"

"It's been over a week since you disappeared from the hospital. Almost a month since you tried to kill yourself. And in that time all you can give me is this?" He held up a paper.

You stared at the letter you had given to the others. "What's it to you?"

"What's it to me?" He crumpled the paper and tossed it to the side. "You were about to tell me that you were Izana's little sister and just disappear. You're telling me that Izana actually had someone that he... that he could call..."

You began walking passed him. "We can have this talk later."

"We're not finished!" He reached out to grab your wrist to stop you.

You remembered Akane and Inui's parents grabbing your wrist and pulling you out of the flames engulfing the house and you jerked back. "Don't touch me!"

He flinched. "Are you... alright?"

"I..." You stepped away, wrapping your hand around your wrist and massaging it with your thumb.

Ryoko got out of the car and put her arm around you. "What did you do?"

"I don't know..." He noticed the way you looked somewhat dazed when you were afraid or remembering something. Like how Izana did. A sigh left him. "Sorry."

You swallowed. "No, I... You're right. I didn't want to look at people when I realized that I could've..."

"Don't look at what you could've." Kakucho hesitantly held out his hand. "But don't push me away."

You stared at his hand and placed yours in it. "Fine. Ryoko-san, I can figure it out from here. Thank you. If you can, could you continue to try reaching out to my mom?"

"Of course. Please be careful."

"I'll try." You turned to Kakucho. "Let's head to this address."

•••

You sat on the back of Kakucho's motorcycle.

"You know, I didn't know who you were until Kisaki hit you that day."

"Two year ago?"

"Yeah. I knew Mikey, I knew Draken, hell, I knew Takemichi. But you... I didn't know there was a girl in Toman."

You leaned your head on his back. His heart was beating quick, nervous, or perhaps angry that you were so nonchalant about Izana.

"I wasn't a fighter."

• Flashback •

"Look, there's a gang fight!" You pointed out, looking over the railing on the side of the road.