70 | Riddles

• Mikey and Draken •

"So what does it mean?" Mikey asked as he drove by Draken's side.

The two of them hadn't gone for a peaceful ride in so long. Their last interaction wasn't the greatest either.

Mikey, who got silence in response to his question, looked down at the handles of his bike. Talking to Draken used to be an automatic thing, but now it just felt wrong and awkward.

And he knew that a part of it is probably his fault.

"Turn here." Draken instructed.

It was the shrine everyone went to a few years ago. After that year, you never went to the shrine again. At least not with everyone else as a group.

Things changed so fast. Mikey was surprised that Draken even remembered this place.

"So what did the riddle mean?" Mikey tried again. This time, Draken answered. Not with a reply, but with an action.

He walked up to a wall covered in Ema. The wooden plaques hung up when one wants to send their wishes to the Gods.

"Y/N once told me that 'Emma' meant universe." He placed his hand on one of the Ema hanging. "'Take the universe and make sure you can hold it in the palm of your hand. Change it how you like but for others it will remain the same.'"

Mikey's eyes softened as Draken stared at the plaque. "Is that..."

"Y/N's? Yeah." He traced over the words somewhat hastily written on the back. "You wanna know what it says?"

Mikey slowly nodded, clearly reluctant but still willing. Draken tilted the plaque and revealed that it read,

Make my friends happy

"I saw it a while back." Draken said softly, still holding it. "I asked her about it. She said that she didn't have anything she wished for herself. I brushed it off at the time but I probably shouldn't have."

Draken finally looked away from it, making eye contact with the person he once called his leader. It lasted long, yet it was less awkward than driving in silence side by side.

"I feel shitty about it." Draken broke the silence and let go of the plaque. "She said she accidentally overdosed on her suppressants. Do you think it was an accident?"

Mikey shook his head. "We both know Y/N. She doesn't just do things 'by accident.'"

Draken nodded. "I wonder what we're supposed to be looking for, though. Are we supposed to find a letter or something?"

"It was letters the last few times, so probably."

You were always a curious one. No one knew what was going on in your head, or they were too dumb to figure it out.

Mikey walked through the shrine for a while until a paper plane hit the side of his face.

"Sorry sir.." A small kid apologized, running up to him and picking up the paper plane.

Mikey cringed at the kid for a moment, suddenly getting an urge to kick him until he felt Draken's hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it, kid."

The kid ran off and Draken turned Mikey so they were facing each other. "He's a kid and it's a literal paper plane, would you calm down?"

"I am calm."

"No, you looked like you were about to kick that kid's face in."

Mikey tsk-ed and pushed Draken's hand off his shoulder. "Leave me alone."